Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: A Beard (Still) Adds Ten Pounds

Good work plugging on with everything being thrown at you. Still strong and getting stronger!

Quote Originally Posted by cgeorg View Post
    Good work plugging on with everything being thrown at you. Still strong and getting stronger!
    Thanks, Mate.

Interesting thought bubbled up from your comment: I agree with the getting stronger bit, but I know I can be a lot stronger before I'm really even a solid intermediate. Funny how this whole thing we do takes hold; you can always add more weight to the bar, so you'll always want to. Personally I'd like to see a 250lbs press (something well over body weight) and a 525+ squat and pull some time soon... but those goals will seem unimportant after I've hit them (and that's the point).

13 Jul 2017
    SQ: 315x5x3
    Press: 172.5x3x5
    RDL: 185x5x3
    BW: 214.5

15 Jul 2017
    SQ: 310x5x3
    Pin Bench: 230x4
    Pin Press: 185x5
    Rows: 205x5x3
    BW: 215.0

Yet another new gym... Joy. Anytime Fitness this time.

Squats seemed to go fine. I had to scrape things together to make this work. And I'm glad I didn't catch any crap about chalk and pin pressing (doesn't hurt when you're a congenial person when you walk in, I suppose).

You could really see me struggle on the attempts at getting that fifth bench. Sorry this got posted up so late. I did it Saturday morning. It was the lady's birthday weekend, so there was some busy.

Going to hit my work sets today in a little bit. And should hopefully be able to post those up after.

17 Jul 2017
    SQ: 400x5, 360x5x2
    Bench: 235x3x2 - Fail
    DL: 380x5
    BW: 214.4

SQ:
    Knees could go out more. Got chesty on the heavy set as well. Could have kept the head down more and it would have helped me push through. They felt heavy, from the time I unracked the bar until I put it back in, but the bar speed is actually pretty good. Oh, CNS, why you such a liar. Same knees out thing on the back-off sets. Looks like I push them out at the bottom but not so much from the top down.

BN:
    Couldn't really call that second set a x2 set. He probably took just a little weight off the bar. I was surprised at how well the first rep of the two sets went and how heavy it got after that. That's pretty much all I got.

DL:
    None of these show great back control. All of them moved fast. It would be appreciated if this clicked for me one day.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021