starting strength gym
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This is gonna suck. A TM log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm not doing TM but have just changed to HLM programming and I've been finding myself getting pretty sore for a day or two after heavy day (4x5 @ PR weights) as well. I'm sure it's totally normal, it probably will ease up a little bit but never completely go away. Soreness is your body telling you that you've put it through something it's not used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Músculo-Tonto View Post

Sore as in DOMS, or sore as in heavy/tired?
    Some of both I guess? A light but tangible pain.

(As an aside, I typed in "xxx lesbian big tits 1337x", as per your suggestion in another log. "Very Disappointing"? -- Perhaps. "Very, uh, 'interesting' " -- Definitely.)
    Great, now I have that reputation on this forum too.

Week 3
    Intensity day

Squat 127.5kg x4. Not going to lie I'm a bit disappointed. I managed that same weight for 3 reps at the end of my LP weeks ago. I think if I had taken 10-15 seconds to rest I could have made the 5th rep. But the 3rd already was grindy and I pussied out. Something that feels weird with ID is to have a sudden massive weight on the shoulder only once a week. When heavy was 2x a week I was more used to the feeling.

Bench 72.5kg x5. A bit grindy on the last rep but that's where my LP ended with 3x5, never expected not to complete just the one set.

Deadlift 137.5kg x5. A bit ugly but you get no points for style.

If anyone has been following this, what do you think I should do next ID squat? Increase the weight and move on to 4s or 3s, or repeat the weight and try to get 5?

Week 4

Volume day

Squats 115kg x5x5
    Press 52.5kg x5x5

Squat 115kg x5 - YouTube

4th set of today's VD

Recovery day

Squats 95kg x5x2
    Bench 62.5kg x5x3
    Weighted hammer chins 14kg x 4 sets of 3 and 1 set of 6 at bodyweight

The weight progression cycle on chins seems to be over. Not surprised as I haven't put in much volume. New cycle will start at 5kg for 8 reps. TM isn't killing me right now so I might add a set or two on VD and ID.

How much do you sleep? Poor sleep and TM will bury you quickly. I have found that 200mg ibuprofen and 5mg of melatonin do a good job knocking me out. I may take this once every 2 weeks when I am feeling run down. Also, TM doesn't have to be 5×5. It can be 3x5 or 4x5 as well. You want as little volume as possible that induces an adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by salvilla View Post
    How much do you sleep? Poor sleep and TM will bury you quickly. I have found that 200mg ibuprofen and 5mg of melatonin do a good job knocking me out. I may take this once every 2 weeks when I am feeling run down. Also, TM doesn't have to be 5×5. It can be 3x5 or 4x5 as well. You want as little volume as possible that induces an adaptation.
    Sleeping better at the moment, I'm on melatonin too.

starting strength coach development program
    ID

Squats 130kg x4. Slept pretty good this week, apart from the night after VD. The soreness overall during the week has subdued, by a lot.

Press 57.5kg x3-4. Think my forward hip drive was better on the second set to allow one more rep. 60kg might only be for singles and then it's back to microloading.

Deadlift 140kg x5. Got a problem with my grip: the chalk is gone by the 3rd rep. And I can feel my back rounding a shitload.
    Last edited by kanahan; 01-26-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast