Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Martha's Journey to 1,000lb Stengthlifting Total

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Question: why strengthlifting?

PS I <3 your OHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    bane looks like he knows his way around a squat rack. batman looks like he knows his way around a running track. Of course Bane's got the better bum
    Hahaha three votes for Bane got #datbootydoe then!

Quote Originally Posted by t-money View Post
    Question: why strengthlifting?

PS I <3 your OHP.
    T-MONEY!!!! My OHP loves you too <333

Well, no specific reason. I like the overhead press a million times better than benching, and I think it's super badass to have a strong overhead press, and I want to be able to OHP my bodyweight one day. I like competing in the Starting Strength meets and now that we have a federation, I'm not compelled to compete in powerlifting anytime soon. I kinda just want to do something that's never been done before, you know? See if it's possible to get a 1,000 strengthlifting total as an average sized woman. It just feels more like a challenge than trying to hit 1,000 powerlifting total, although I would certainly love to hit that too!!!

Default 5/23 First Light Day

Squat
    1x5 45, 95
    1x3 135
    1x2 165
    2x5 185

Bench
    1x5 45, 85
    1x2 115
    1x1 130
    5x3 140

Chin ups
    6x3 BW

Super busy day so I had to workout at 11pm but at least I got it in and at least it was a light day.

I had to rush into the gym before it closed so I just wore my regular air force 1's instead of lifting shoes. I also took ibuprofen earlier. It's either the flatter shoes or the ibuprofen that made squatting feel better/less pain in the hip flexors. I think it might have to do with the flat shoes.

I'm doing a press-focused HLM program so I'll be pressing twice a week and benching only once a week on my light day. So still linear progression on the bench, just going as heavy as I can each time.

My butt was definitely coming up off the bench on a few of them, but interestingly, on the reps when I kept my butt down and got proper leg drive, they seemed easier than when my butt was coming up. I don't care much about the bench except in how much it can aide in my OHP sooo I'm not concerned.

This whole seeing a coach once a week thing has been the best thing stopping me from being a weak little bitch. Especially since it's May, so far from the October meet, today is one of those days where I probably would have skipped working out or pushed it off to tomorrow. But since I know I'll be seeing Ryan, I want to stick to the program as exactly as I can.

Last edited by MarthaF; 05-23-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Default 5/25 First Medium Day

Squat
    1x5 45, 95
    1x3 155
    1x2 185
    3x5 205

Overhead Press
    1x5 45
    1x3 60
    1x2 70
    3x5 80

Power Clean
    1x3 65, 85, 105
    3x3 117.5

Yay!!!!! Finally some kind of PR!!!! The most I've power cleaned in the past is 123lb 1x3 and that was a broken set with a thinner bar. I know I have more in me but I've always been a pussy when it comes to power cleans. Saw Ryan for coaching yesterday so that definitely forced me to get my act together.

For some reason this workout felt amazing. Maybe cuz it was later in the day and I was well rested.

nyce!

PRs are always nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    nyce!
    Werd ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    PRs are always nice!
    They are! But I need to grow some patience though. Still novice in my mindset.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    Oh Dave...you better compete!! Doesn't matter what numbers you are putting up at the time. It's great to test your 1RM and set some PR's and compare how you do from one meet to another.
    this is awesome...compete from within. Thank you! Look forward to the fall

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast