starting strength gym
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Martha's Journey to 1,000lb Stengthlifting Total

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by cgeorg View Post
    Oh hey I was at Pittsburgh (first time seeing them), had friends go to Dayton and Chi also.
    Nice! What did you think? What was the most memorable part of the show for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Nice! What did you think? What was the most memorable part of the show for you?
    Hard to say, it was kind of just a whole time. There were some really cool songs, the way the lights moved out over the crowd on the floor was pretty mesmerizing at times. The people I was with, the people around me.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Strength is your forte, Martha!

How is the coaching aspect of things going?
    Thanks big G <333 I haven't seen Ryan in the past few weeks :-X I will go back to him after a few workouts.

I went to five Phish shows in six days. 3 in Chicago, 1 in Dayton, and 1 in Pittsburgh (They're currently playing 13 shows in a row at Madison Square Garden, you should go!). Then went up to the UP (upper peninsula of Michigan) for a weekend.

Where've you been traveling?
    Wow. Obsessed a little?? I didn't even know who they were. Just listened to some of their songs. Not my cup of tea. Sounds like you had an amazing time though if you followed them around like that!

I went to Florida and then Canada for church retreats and then sight seeing.

Default 7/28

Overhead Press
    1x5 45
    1x3 65
    1x2 85
    1x5 98

Squat
    1x5 45, 115
    1x3 165
    1x2 185
    3x5 220

Worked out pretty late. Was really tired/not focused since I was coaching a friend as well. Didn't do any pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    Wow. Obsessed a little?? I didn't even know who they were. Just listened to some of their songs. Not my cup of tea. Sounds like you had an amazing time though if you followed them around like that!
    I've only been to 22 shows now. My friend I went with has been to over 120. So I'm relatively unobsessed!

Can guarantee you that listening to a few songs that come up on Google will give you no idea what they're about or even sound like. And that's ok. Horse to water and what not. But let me know if you want a real recommendation ;-)

ETA: I guess the horse to water analogy isn't appropriate, since my point is that you probably didn't get to water in the first place.
    Last edited by cutlet#; 07-28-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    Was really tired/not focused since I was coaching a friend as well. Didn't do any pulling.
    Welcome back! Coaching while lifting is hard, especially if you're taking longer rests than them and whatnot. Good job getting done what you did.

Quote Originally Posted by damufunman View Post
    Welcome back! Coaching while lifting is hard, especially if you're taking longer rests than them and whatnot. Good job getting done what you did.
    Thanks for always making me think positive mufmuf <333

Default 7/30

Deadlift
    1x5 135
    1x3 205
    1x1 245
    1x5 265

Bench
    1x5 45
    1x3 95
    1x2 115
    1x1 125
    3x5 135

I warmed up squats with the bar and even that bothered my back :-(

I realized when I got home that front squats and safety bar squats might be good alternatives. I could front squat at my gym and safety bar squat when I'm with Ryan.

In the meantime I need to see someone about this back thing...why body, must you do this to me!!!

starting strength coach development program
    I've only been to 22 shows now. My friend I went with has been to over 120. So I'm relatively unobsessed!

Can guarantee you that listening to a few songs that come up on Google will give you no idea what they're about or even sound like. And that's ok. Horse to water and what not. But let me know if you want a real recommendation ;-)

ETA: I guess the horse to water analogy isn't appropriate, since my point is that you probably didn't get to water in the first place.
    What about what shows up as popular on Spotify?

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast