starting strength gym
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HLM and trying not to be the elephant in the room.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thanks. I track calories and protien, trying to average 3500 per day a week with around 260p a day. Probably going to start some kind of cardio soon to keep the ball rolling at 3.5k.

I'm not sure about posting pictures on the internet, kind of self conscious. Maybe from the neck down. I'll have to think about it.

Since I had a minor back tweak yesterday I wanted to see where I was at. Stiff as hell getting out of bed but with little back pain standing up and almost none walking, I took 600mg of ibuprofen with breakfast and waited a couple hours then did this.

RDL
    Bar x 20

Squat
    air x 20

Goodmorning (rounded)
    Bar x 20

Nothing hurt so I think medium day is good to go. We'll see how warming up for the squat goes tomorrow.

Medium Day
    Weight 477

Ate a little extra to help with the back and tried to sleep a little bit more and I think it helped because while I was a little stiff this morning getting out of bed didn't hurt at all.

Squat
    290x5x2
    A little unsteady during the warm up and felt a little heavier than it probably should but no real problems.

Incline
    155x5x4
    Never did these before and I don't have an adjustable bench so I stacked two 8x8" blocks and put my flat bench on it using a square and level to get 30 degrees. Worked pretty well except I use the safeties and a bar of round stock to keep me from pushing the blocks and bench over with my legs so no safeties. Have to figure something else out as I increase weight but I think I started a little light so I have time to think it out.

SLDL
    290x5x2
    After Wednesday I didn't want to take any chances, so belt for even the warm up and straps for the work.

All in all not a bad day. The 800mg of ibuprofen with breakfast probably helped. Oh and if anyone was wondering how I found a belt that fits, I didn't. I made my own belt out of 2" nylon webbing, velcro and a 3" quick link all sowed together with upholstery thread. Though my waist has probably shrunk enough for a 4 or 5x belt from Titan or Inzer now.

Heavy Day
    Weight 480

Rollercoaster goes down rollercoaster goes up but we're good as long as it trends ever down.

Squat
    310x5x3
    Went great and back felt good.

Bench
    210x5x3
    Was the plan anyway. Instead I couldn't get decently tight to save my life. Lower back just wasn't having it. Only got two reps the first set so I switched to five singles and a back off of 165x8. I was planning to drop to singles next week anyway, oh well.

Deadlift 1.5" block
    335x5
    A bit slow on the last rep but it never stopped so I'll take it.

Light Day
    Weight 480

Squat
    265x5x3

Press
    130x2,2,2
    Going to blame this on messing up last week's press so I'll give 130 another go next week.

Power Snatch
    120x5x2
    Dropped a set to keep light day's volume in line with heavy's since bench is going into singles.

Medium Day
    Weight 479

Squat
    295x5x2

Incline
    157.5x5x3
    135x8

SLDL
    295x5x2

very impressive how you've been taking the weight off, keep at it!

Hey thanks.

Smashed my left middle fingertip in between the track and sprocket getting the track off a John Deere skid steer Friday. One of the teeth on the sprocket got the very tip and the weight of the track tore the skin and some of the nail bed from the finger. Remember kids when you and your friends are yanking something heavy off machinery make sure everyone knows to let go at the same time.

Deadlifting Monday is going to be interesting.

Heavy Day
    Weight 478

Squat
    315x5x3
    Pretty happy to finally get three plates for 3x5 but I aggravated whatever I did to my back two weeks ago.

Bench
    212.5x1x5
    167.5x8x2

Deadlift
    Well this was less interesting and more aggravating. Only got one. Proabably because of the back.

So the plan now is to drop squats to five singles for a while and deadlifts to a single and a back off or two of fives. See if that gives the back a bit of rest.

starting strength coach development program
    Light Day
    Weight 477

Finger update. The nail bed is regrowing and the old nail is still firmly attached. I can either wait for it to fall off when the new nail grows in or I can rip it off with a pair of pliers and put a bandage on it.

Squat
    250x3x3
    I'm dropping the weigh off set for squats to 80% and 90% to see how that turns out, I'm also dropping the volume for light and medium day ahead of scheduled. So 3x3 today and a single set of five at 280 Friday.

Press
    132.2x1x5
    115x5x2

Power Snatch
    122.5x2x4
    Learning to not rush the pull is helping. Maybe If I ever hit 50% of my deadlift on Power Snatch I'll give Power Cleans a try again.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast