starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exercise Science Presentation 2013

Default Exercise Science Presentation 2013

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    As part of the development of the Starting Strength Coaches Association and the changes made to the Starting Strength Coach credential, the Science Committee is charged with the annual task of sifting through the literature to identify shiny objects worthy of collection for the SSCs to read as a part of their Maintenance of Certification requirement. They obtain this material from the peer-reviewed literature, as well as books, videos, and other fascinating sources of information pertinent to the trade. Every year, this material will be presented at the SSCA Convention. Since this is an informative peek into the workings of our organization, we are letting you watch. This is part one of three.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
    Last edited by stef; 03-20-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Will these 10-15 articles be made public, or is this only available to SSC's?

Quote Originally Posted by Roff_Gibbons View Post
    There are no plans to make these public, although there is no categorical opposition to it. For now I think we consider it a "perk" of the credential.

We do publish a big science review every year, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Roff_Gibbons View Post
    All of the articles are public already. They are just not collated for you. It is, as Sully said, a perk of the credential.

If Sully didn't cover this one [rotted link removed] yet, maybe it will be worthy of inclusion in next year's review. Just saw that on Twitter: the study saw endurance benefits from very short duration HIIT -- 6 seconds of sprint cycling per minute, for 10 minutes, so a total of 1 minute of sprint cycling and a 1:9 work-to-rest ratio.
    Last edited by stef; 09-11-2015 at 12:54 PM. Reason: rotted link removed

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    We do publish a big science review every year, however.
    Holy shit Sully, I missed these before, but I just finished reading through half of 2012's. Already gotten sidetracked three times to read a study. This is fantastic man, thanks to you and everybody who helps out on these.

Thanks.

Also, right, after listening to this, I want to apologize to everybody, right, for the atrocious verbal tic that has apparently crept into my public speaking, right. I will attempt to eradicate it, right.

Right.

Jeez, I'm embarrassed.

There's far worse verbal tics that you could have. Right at least occasionally sounds like you're reinforcing your point, as opposed to "uhh," or "like".

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    Thanks.

Also, right, after listening to this, I want to apologize to everybody, right, for the atrocious verbal tic that has apparently crept into my public speaking, right. I will attempt to eradicate it, right.

Right.

Jeez, I'm embarrassed.

More or less how lawyers feel when they read back the transcript of their latest deposition or court examination.

FWIW, I hear professionals speak all the time. You're a lot more entertaining than most. We're very blessed to have you and Jordan on this forum to cull and shed some light on the medical stuff that otherwise gets glossed over with bro-science-y shit.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by blandrick View Post
    There's far worse verbal tics that you could have. Right at least occasionally sounds like you're reinforcing your point, as opposed to "uhh," or "like".
    Or, ya know, listen to, ya know, every football player, ya know, interview every, ya know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast