starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Starting Strength Coaches Association Conference Roundtable

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The Back Pain video brings up an "interesting" point: Lawsuits.

I'd love for you guys to either do a video or an article on the legal end of coaching people.

Such an article is in process by one of your Starting Strength Coaches with relevant experience and expertise. Stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    Such an article is in process by one of your Starting Strength Coaches with relevant experience and expertise. Stand by.
    Awesome!

Default Back pain

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Roundtable panel: Wendler, Rippetoe, Reynolds & Sullivan

Video 1: A discussion of dynamic work

Video 2: Deadlift volume

Video 3: Back Pain

Video 4: Impact of Coaches
    It's mentioned in the back pain video that back pain tends to come and go for many people. I'm curious what experience you've had with more constant back pain. I have had mild lower back pain pretty much constantly over the past two years. It might be due to back form or an injury while squatting as I didn't have back pain before I started training SS, or it might be something else. The pain is not bad enough to stop or hamper training. It goes away while training (ie during the session itself) but always come back a few hours later. Generally becomes a bit worse if I'm out of the gym several days. More like a soreness rather than a sharp pain. No other symptoms like pain down the leg etc. A year ago I did have a slightly more serious back injury - a cracking sound while squatting and collapsed and couldn't walk for a few hours, but X Ray revealed nothing and doc said no need for an MRI. Like I said there no debilitating pain now but it's damn annoying as it doesn't ever go away. Do these sort of issues always end up nonspecific or undiagnosed in your experience? I'm 33 / weight 70kg and otherwise healthy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12