starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Coaches Association Series: Petrizzo - Injuries in Barbell Training

Default Starting Strength Coaches Association Series: Petrizzo - Injuries in Barbell Training

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    John Petrizzo, PT, DPT, SSC discusses Injuries in Barbell Training

Part I

Part II

Part III

Presented at the Starting Strength Coaches Conference, October 4, 2014, Wichita Falls, TX.
    Last edited by stef; 12-24-2014 at 05:53 PM.

I've said it before: this was a national-caliber presentation. Simply outstanding. The SSCA conference keeps raising the bar.

Default Rest of Lecture

Hi,

I was wondering where I could find the rest of the lecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    I've said it before: this was a national-caliber presentation. Simply outstanding. The SSCA conference keeps raising the bar.
    Thank you so much for the kind words, Sully. I was extremely honored just to take part in the weekend. In my opinion, any SSCs who have not yet attended the Coaches Conference are missing out on a great opportunity to learn and network with their fellow coaches. It is a very unique environment and I really look forward to it every year.

Quote Originally Posted by pmperabo View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering where I could find the rest of the lecture.
    This is Part I. If you have the new Google TimeWarp browser, point it to a week or so in the future and download part II. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    In my opinion, any SSCs who have not yet attended the Coaches Conference are missing out on a great opportunity to learn and network with their fellow coaches. It is a very unique environment and I really look forward to it every year.
    We're lucky to have you. For those who aren't aware, John also sits on the Science Committee of the SSCA.

It really is getting better every year. All the auguries are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    We're lucky to have you.
    ^ This.

And many thanks to those making the material available for free.

This was great. Watching these presentations, I'm often startled that they're available free of charge.

John, where does SI joint pain come into this - is it a chronic injury/inflammatory response due to overuse? It seems like people sometimes get it even WITH correct mechanics.

Thanks.

Thanks for the response. I found a Google app called Time Warp, but its function was not the one you described. If you like to joke as much as Rip, I'm not so sure this thing actually exists.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Knowland View Post
    This was great. Watching these presentations, I'm often startled that they're available free of charge.

John, where does SI joint pain come into this - is it a chronic injury/inflammatory response due to overuse? It seems like people sometimes get it even WITH correct mechanics.

Thanks.
    Hi Will,

SI joint pain is kind of an interesting subject as from what I know about it, there is not a lot of consensus on the subject. Most DOs, DCs, and Manual PTs believe that there is some association between spinal and SI joint movement, but it is minimal at best. From my experience, there are a few manual manipulations that work really well for people with SI joint issues so if you are having a problem that you think is related to your SI joint, I would seek out a Manual PT or DC for some treatment. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast