starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check - 245 lbs

Default Squat form check - 245 lbs

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Been a while since a form check. First time with oly shoes and a belt. Form ok?

Why are you looking down between your toes? 4-5' away.

Also, the sticky @ the top of the forum. Read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    Why are you looking down between your toes? 4-5' away.
    Thanks Steve, I'll remember to adjust where I look. Were there other major form issues?

Also, the sticky @ the top of the forum. Read it.
    I've read and re-read the sticky, and all of the links/posts within. Thought I had this one done correctly, sorry about that.

Other than being roughly 30 degrees, instead of 45 (in order for the rack post to not block my left knee joint), can you let me know how I should film differently for the next time?

We will apparently need to clarify the sticky. 45 degrees from the rear is usually the go-to on the squat.

Your gaze point is making you put your upper back into flexion at the top of the lift. One additional comment that I had on re-watching: Knees OVER toes, not outside of them, not inside. Drive your knees out in a slot that extends vertically from your foot. You're pushing them outside of your feet.

We will apparently need to clarify the sticky. 45 degrees from the rear is usually the go-to on the squat.

Your gaze point is making you put your upper back into flexion at the top of the lift. One additional comment that I had on re-watching: Knees OVER toes, not outside of them, not inside. Drive your knees out in a slot that extends vertically from your foot. You're pushing them outside of your feet.
    Yeah sticky said front or rear. I'll move the j hooks and refilm.

Yeah, i noticed the knees/toes. Was going to ask if I should widen my stance?

No need to re-flim.

On your stance, I wouldn't, but I'm me and you're you. Why don't you try it and see if you like it better?

starting strength coach development program
    No need to re-flim.

On your stance, I wouldn't, but I'm me and you're you. Why don't you try it and see if you like it better?
    I'll try keeping knees over toes with current stance width first and see how that feels. Didn't think I'd overshoot the "knees out" haha.

Regarding my gaze, I recall moving the j hooks in order to be able to look farther out than the wall a foot away. I'll mess around and see what works.

Thanks, Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk