starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill starr Rehab

Default Bill starr Rehab

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I injured my hamstring a couple of days ago and i'm going to follow bill starr rehab protocol. I read the article on this site and i'm not sure if my understanding of the progressing to 15's and 10's and 5's is right. Here's what i've got, i was just wondering if you could tell me if it's structured right (all weight are in kilos, i injured myself with 120kg so that's where i end..)

1. 25x20, 25x20, 25x20
    2. 25x20, 25x20, 25x25
    3. 25x20, 25x25, 25x30
    4. 25x25, 25x30, 25x35
    5. 25x30, 25x35, 25x40
    6. 25x35, 25x40, 25x45
    7. 25x40, 25x45, 25x50
    8. 25x45, 25x50, 25x55
    9. 25x50, 25x55, 25x60
    10. 25x55, 25x60, 25x65
    11. 25x60, 25x65, 15x80
    12. 25x65, 15x80, 10x95
    13. 15x80, 10x95, 5x110
    14. 10x95, 5x110, 5x115
    15. 5x110, 5x115, 5x120

Thanks very much for your help and time Mr Rippetoe

This looks correct. You failed to mention the exercise.

Yeah, sorry it's for squats since that's how i injured myself (not sure how, i foam rolled, did dynamic warm ups and did many warm up sets but i guess these things happen sometime). When it says to avoid all heavy work what constitutes heavy? Would it be okay to do some benching and ohpressing at say, 50% of my max?

Thanks for your time

Keep your other work to a minimum. You can do that for two weeks, can't you?

Haha yeh i guess so, i'll just do the rehab and some cardio. Cardios okay.. right?? hah

Sorry to be asking seemingly dumb questions, never followed a rehab routine before. I appreciate the time taken to help me, and the other users on this forum out.

Thanks. Not everybody seems to.

Mr Rippetoe, quick question.... I posted this in the recovery section already and had some great replies, just wanted to ask you a quick question on it. I somehow pulled a muscle in my groin during my warmup with just the bar. Since I dont have a video, off the top of your head which form problems could lead to this, especially with such light weight?

I cannot imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by aron View Post
    Mr Rippetoe, quick question.... I posted this in the recovery section already and had some great replies, just wanted to ask you a quick question on it. I somehow pulled a muscle in my groin during my warmup with just the bar. Since I dont have a video, off the top of your head which form problems could lead to this, especially with such light weight?
    You are fairly new at this, if I recall, yes? Are you perhaps just slopping through your bar-only warmups because it's so light? I'm sure if you didn't do anything to warm up, jumped under the bar and dive-bombed into the bottom and bounced right back out without paying good attention to all the positioning of a good squat, it wouldn't be too hard to induce a tweaking. I dunno what the official position is on this, but my understanding is that every set under the bar is executed like you mean it--proper setup, body position, mechanics, breath, etc. You're not just warming up muscles, you're warming up the movement pattern and positioning as well. (I'm imagining this as one of those public service announcement adverts, with a soft-focused Rip in black and white, speaking in a calm, earnest tone from inside a squat rack in the middle of an empty warehouse or something.)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Kovtunovich View Post
    You are fairly new at this, if I recall, yes? Are you perhaps just slopping through your bar-only warmups because it's so light? I'm sure if you didn't do anything to warm up, jumped under the bar and dive-bombed into the bottom and bounced right back out without paying good attention to all the positioning of a good squat, it wouldn't be too hard to induce a tweaking. I dunno what the official position is on this, but my understanding is that every set under the bar is executed like you mean it--proper setup, body position, mechanics, breath, etc. You're not just warming up muscles, you're warming up the movement pattern and positioning as well. (I'm imagining this as one of those public service announcement adverts, with a soft-focused Rip in black and white, speaking in a calm, earnest tone from inside a squat rack in the middle of an empty warehouse or something.)
    I think you might be right... I was sharing the rack with a couple of other guys, so I may have rushed through the warmups. Something to think about.

Although I meant are there any general form problems that one would typically see with a groin pull? Could I be pushing my knees too far apart or something? (I would love to take a video but the groin pull means I cant even do a bodyweight quarter squat)
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 01-06-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast