Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Incorporating the half squat into an athletic program

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverseHypertrophy View Post
    Very offensive post, how come no one calls him out on this? He is basically making threats to people's lives, on this forum. Very ignorant and childish. I am pretty disturbed at how juvenile this community seems to be, Coach Rippetoe doesn't even care. If he disagrees with someone, he will laugh at others flinging around death threats.

RH
    I find it interesting that you demand people only call out someone who is of Cherokee descent. Why isn't anyone calling RH out on his basically racist attitude towards American Indians?

See what I did there?

This is Exhibit QQ that any similarity between your and everyone else's reality is purely coincidental. Contact authorities and let them know that someone made a marksmanship analogy on an anonymous forum--see if they view it as death threat, or, more likely, as flagrant hyperbole by an almost willfully-deluded mountebank.

It seems to me that, despite the error of calling out someone on his lift numbers, HB is interested in a conversation, while RH, with his sarcastically "respectful" posting is not, and is simply a troll, and should be ignored.

Very offensive post, how come no one calls him out on this? He is basically making threats to people's lives, on this forum. Very ignorant and childish. I am pretty disturbed at how juvenile this community seems to be, Coach Rippetoe doesn't even care. If he disagrees with someone, he will laugh at others flinging around death threats.

RH
    He wasn't threatening, he was bragging. Anyone who has ever touched a firearm will agree that he has a right to, as that's an absolutely world class shot.

Why would I care for one second about performing any of the exercises you mentioned, considering my athletic performance correlates highly with half squatting, calve raises, hypers, plate swings, reactive work/plyometrics, and sprints?

I find your post very amusing, considering the fact that I posted a mile time & a running vertical jump statistic, yet you want my "full squat, bench, barbell row, snatch, c&J, pullups, or kb snatches in 10 minutes". Do you understand how laughable that is? I listed half squat, that is by far the most beneficial lift I perform with an aim at improving running vertical jumping ability.

Why would I care about which sports test what? I already told you my athletic goals, they unfortunately do not conform to a "standard event or sporting combine", it is instead simply performing a running jump & thus jumping as high as possible.

RH
    Dont you know that you have the genetic potential, at 6'1 and 150lbs, to be an elite powerlifter!?! How bad do you want it? Not bad enough!

Dont put such limits on yourself! You, as a human organism, can achieve elite status! Just pay me enough money!!!!!

If none of the core lifts, or the SVJ contributes to your only goal of the RVJ, then why don't you post your meager numbers and prove it? Because they are horrible, thats why...

I am also curious as to how the mile and 30lb DB lunges (which is the funniest thing EVER posted on the internet, btw) contributes to the RVJ; and the full squat, deadlift, and SVJ do not?

If you are 6'1 and 150 lbs, you really need to change your goals from the RVJ to becoming something that resembles and grown man...

BTW, just so I am not accused of being a COWARD for not posting my PR's:

Raw Squat (Parallel): 675
    Raw Deadlift: 765
    Raw Bench: 500
    Half squat: 1275 (this is an estimate)
    Press: 315
    Clean and Jerk: 385
    SVJ: 31...never train for this, i just squat heavy (to parallel)
    Mile: I own a truck, so i drive...
    30 lb DB lunges: I use much more weight than this, so not comparable...

So, post up... See, RH, you are THAT GUY... The guy who can quote all the Russian info, but has no idea how to communicate it effectively, or implement it in an efficient, "Best bang for your buck" manner... You just like to talk and use all the scientific terms to feel important, then go do your RVJ and mile because its what you are GENETICALLY GIFTED TO BE GOOD AT...If I am wrong, then tell us who you are and what you have done...

And before you accuse all of us of being to stupid to understand what you are saying, you must realize that it is the job of the communicator to find a method of getting his point across so that the audience understands it...This is, in essence, the main job of a coach...

Honeybadger, you need to post up... Never call someone out on their numbers and be to much of a coward to post yours.... And dont hide behind, "I dont see how that would be relevant."... You called him out, now you are being called out...

Quote Originally Posted by HONEYBADGER View Post
    ^ HEIGHT- 5'9
    did not read the rest.
    Too bad. If you had, you might conclude f4thpathway is one strong capable dude. Incidentally his strength and conditioning knowledge was honed in battlefield conditions where if the methodology doesn't work, one doesn't just lose a game, one expires.

Hey...guy, I have never threatened a life before I actually took it. That's amatuerish. Relax. Just making a more creative argument about individual capacity for progress. I'm done killing people anyways. You're still a wangsicle.

Honey bee can knock short people all he wants. He was a basketball player, I was a sniper. He can shoot a basketball, I've shot humans. He can bloviate, I can blow shit up. Poll the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Well, THAT is BULLSHIT. I do care very much. That's a damn good shot that I'll bet you can't make.
    It was painful, but I made it through all 19 pages. I'm glad I did, cause I found this gem of a post.. classic.

Quote Originally Posted by f4thpathway View Post
    Hey...guy, I have never threatened a life before I actually took it. That's amatuerish. Relax. Just making a more creative argument about individual capacity for progress. I'm done killing people anyways. You're still a wangsicle.

Honey bee can knock short people all he wants. He was a basketball player, I was a sniper. He can shoot a basketball, I've shot humans. He can bloviate, I can blow shit up. Poll the ladies.
    A couple of the navy seals from here come in to learn and train mma and boxing with us at my gym when they are off duty, guys who really do what youre claiming to have done. And not ever, not one single time, have they ever bragged or talked about how good they are at shooting people etc. Not once, they dont even like discussing it when others bring it up. I have immense respect for members of our military as they do the things a lot of others do not wish to do to protect our great country, but I dont respect your big mouthed, napolean syndrome, sawed off ass one bit. I doubt that you have actually done ANYTHING you are claiming.

Look man, I realize that you probably got weggies and shit all the time in high school, got made fun of and laughed at in the showers etc., but the world is not all bad, I know that someone like me could never understand nor be in those little shoes of yours, but I do feel empathatic for you if that means anything. Hopefully we can be friends now?

oh and btw, this thread is about half squatting for performance training, I know there is a journals section on this forum if you wish to brag about your numbers and how tough you are/how many people you killed etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Gold View Post
    Dont you know that you have the genetic potential, at 6'1 and 150lbs, to be an elite powerlifter!?! How bad do you want it? Not bad enough!

Dont put such limits on yourself! You, as a human organism, can achieve elite status! Just pay me enough money!!!!!

If none of the core lifts, or the SVJ contributes to your only goal of the RVJ, then why don't you post your meager numbers and prove it? Because they are horrible, thats why...

I am also curious as to how the mile and 30lb DB lunges (which is the funniest thing EVER posted on the internet, btw) contributes to the RVJ; and the full squat, deadlift, and SVJ do not?

If you are 6'1 and 150 lbs, you really need to change your goals from the RVJ to becoming something that resembles and grown man...

BTW, just so I am not accused of being a COWARD for not posting my PR's:

Raw Squat (Parallel): 675
    Raw Deadlift: 765
    Raw Bench: 500
    Half squat: 1275 (this is an estimate)
    Press: 315
    Clean and Jerk: 385
    SVJ: 31...never train for this, i just squat heavy (to parallel)
    Mile: I own a truck, so i drive...
    30 lb DB lunges: I use much more weight than this, so not comparable...

So, post up... See, RH, you are THAT GUY... The guy who can quote all the Russian info, but has no idea how to communicate it effectively, or implement it in an efficient, "Best bang for your buck" manner... You just like to talk and use all the scientific terms to feel important, then go do your RVJ and mile because its what you are GENETICALLY GIFTED TO BE GOOD AT...If I am wrong, then tell us who you are and what you have done...

And before you accuse all of us of being to stupid to understand what you are saying, you must realize that it is the job of the communicator to find a method of getting his point across so that the audience understands it...This is, in essence, the main job of a coach...

Honeybadger, you need to post up... Never call someone out on their numbers and be to much of a coward to post yours.... And dont hide behind, "I dont see how that would be relevant."... You called him out, now you are being called out...

did you read the thread dipshit, sometimes its a good idea to do so before you make an ass out of yourself. and btw, a half squat would be slightly above parallel, so your parallel squat at whatever the hell u posted, is likely not going to be several hundred lbs different, you know, just in case you were interested in what the actual thread was about, you know.
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 06-03-2011 at 02:32 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Okay, HB gets the last word. I haven't ever done this, but this thread has lost any constructiveness it might once have possessed. We all got to say what we wanted to, and RH has nothing to add that makes any sense at all, so let's just do something else now.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920