starting strength gym

Thread: Programming during chiropractic care

Default Programming during chiropractic care

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My opinions of chiropractic care were incorrect and I should have acted on your advice sooner rather than ignoring it. It has only been 3 weeks and I have seen positive improvement. However, I have been reluctant to train fearing I may undo what the bone cracker has set.

How should training be modified while under chiropractic care for an early intermediate trainee?

Depends on the injury and the treatment. Not enough info here.

Sorry. I did not seek treatment due to an unresolved injury. However, I did have a tweak in my lower back and after reading something you wrote about spinal decompression I thought about trying that. I didn't have 2 suitable belts to hang from but had dip handles that could be used with my rack. In the short time I was off of my feet crack, pop and ahhhh. My sense of walking with a twist or not looking straight ahead was gone along with the tweak in my back. Training has been inconsistent due to work and hockey and 315lbs sprung up like it was nothing. I was tempted to go heavier but I hadn't been under the bar for a few weeks. I relayed the story to a buddy that insisted I see his chiropractor. He said that they owned a gym, lifted and the massage guy was a former football player and massive. Your recommendation came to mind and here we are today.

There continues to be a tweak in the right hip area which dissipates with hard squeezing of the abs. I didn't consider this to be an injury as it doesn't prevent me from training.

I don't see a reason to alter your training. If you were not seeing the chiropractor, would you be in enough pain that a training change would be necessary? Apparently not, so train.