starting strength gym
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why GOMAD Is Rubbish.

Exclamation Why GOMAD Is Rubbish.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Link removed due to malware alert

This is why your gomad suggestion is silly IMO.

I;m dying to see why tens of thousands of people are wrong. Perhaps you could just copy and paste the relevant Truths from this fucked-up site.

My point is that gomad makes people fat, and unaesthetic.

It may make people strong, but there are other ways of getting stronger and also looking decent.

I suggest that you stop handing out nutritional advice which produces unhealthy individuals, because I'm sure drinking excess milk will have side effects.

Also, you say in a post about one of your students that there is no limit to the amount of muscle that can be gained.

"Now, it may be that I don't know how to use skinfold calipers, but you assume that at your PERIL. These pictures clearly show a male at about 20-22% bodyfat. It may even be that I shopped the pictures, but I know even less about that than I do lighting. The fact is that Zach has gained 78 lbs. in 6 months, 46 lbs. of which is LBM. His squat has gone from 145 x 5 to 345 x 5. Anyone who says otherwise is either calling me a liar or is saying that I don’t know how to weigh and measure bodyfat. That’s fine, and we can settle it whenever you want to. Anyone who says that skinfold caliper testing in the hands of an experienced operator is inaccurate compared to hydrostatic weighing is unfamiliar with the procedures. Furthermore, Zach is not taking steroids, and anybody who claims this is full of shit, as is anyone who says that X lbs. of LBM/year are the absolute maximum that can be gained. We do it here all the time, and you can too if you do the program correctly."

It is written in the second last line. There is in fact a limit to the amount of muscle which can be gained naturally, and I'm sure many people can vouch for this.

Quote Originally Posted by wwe101 View Post
    This is why your gomad suggestion is silly IMO.
    why should we care about YOUR opinion?

My point is that gomad makes people fat, and unaesthetic.
    Okay. Everybody: Stop drinking milk.

"unaesthetic"?

That is (in a way) a good description of Starting Strength, in that the program is not concerned with aesthetics, either positively or negatively. And thus could well be described as "unaesthetic".
    I don't really see this as a downside.

However, I don't thinking drinking milk in and off itself will changes people's motivations and remove an attachment to an aesthetically motivated view of themselves.

"Milk is for babies, when you grow up, you have to drink beer."

There is in fact a limit to the amount of muscle which can be gained naturally
    Of course there is. But aside from the fact that it's more than 1lbs per month or whatever people are saying now to make themselves feel better about their shitty progress, nobody actually knows what it is. Designing an experiment to test this is not only really fucking hard, but you then have to get people to stick to your protocol. So, nobody knows.

Is Breast Milk still ok? It's not for lifting, I'm just, you know, in to it.

starting strength coach development program
    I suggest that you stop handing out nutritional advice which produces unhealthy individuals, because I'm sure drinking excess milk will have side effects.
    For someone who's 'sure' the milk is unhealthy you don't sound very sure. Where's your reasoning? Or are you expecting everyone to nod along to it like its a well-known fact (i.e. we all know we're getting stronger but at the expense of our health). And what are these things you eat to get stronger than if you drank milk? Almonds??

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast