starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troy VTX Bumpers Update - 12 months later-look before you buy!

Default Troy VTX Bumpers Update - 12 months later-look before you buy!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Here ya go, spread the word....

I've tried and tried to deal with Troy/USA Sports over this and they won't talk to us. Those of you familiar with all this can probably search and find my other reports/Threads on these bumpers and my dealings with this company.

Here's some of the replacement bumpers the Vendor (not Troy but the vendor, out of his company's own pocket at Wilder Fitness) sent us.

http://youtu.be/pltvQAvOrZM

In Jan we had 28 broken 25lb bumpers (from the replacements given to us last July), Troy offered to replace only 14 of them and only to "shut me up" on forums. Again, our vendor stepped in and replaced the other 14...

As always your free to buy whatever bumper you want, but I know one bumper I'll never buy again. You all would NEVER have heard from me if Troy/USA Sports would have stepped up and communicated with me on a way to solve this...

John Janecek
    Head Strength Coach
    Longview HS, Texas

This is why it is very important to deal with a good company if a large institutional order is involved. Rogue is such a company.

Aren't the cracked ones actually dangerous for use? can't a plate theoretically break while being racked on the clean?(with your video it seems anything can happen)

P.S
    Wanting to purchase 600lbs of bumpers with a friend, 350-250 me/him, calculated shipping costs+tax(650, 180 USD for everything). Warranty means shit to me and I need good reliable plates

Can you recommend specific plates/site & 1000 USD? is there any justification to pay more for home use?

Quote Originally Posted by David_G View Post
    Can you recommend specific plates/site & 1000 USD? is there any justification to pay more for home use?
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...379#post709379

FYI Rip,

I have a emailed Rougue a couple times with videos of our VTX's and how bad they are (since they sell them) just to let them know and I always get a quick reply back asking when I bought them from them. When I reply I got them through a vendor straight from Troy/USA SPORTS I never hear back from them??

And they still sell them?? I don't understand that one. I even sent the video "Bill talks bumpers" to Troy but I don't think they liked that...

Had you bought them from Rogue, I GUARANTEE you that this situation would have turned out differently. Bill Henniger is a good man, and he values his reputation as a good man. Since the purchase wasn't through Rogue, he is not going to communicate with you about it. I wouldn't either. Just keep this in mind when you buy equipment. There are very few reputable companies in the business. Rogue is one of them.

Whoa! That is a high school's weight room?! Other than the bumpers, it looks like a great place to train. At my public school, we had something like a 1960's 6 station universal machine in what could have been a closet.

I understand and agree %100 with that Rip-makes sense, just odd to me that he or anyone would keep carrying these VTX's after what we went through and what others have experienced that have emailed or answered my forum posts....

Appreciate your reply.

It could be that the majority of his orders for these shitty plates go to individuals who do not use them as hard as a team does.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    Whoa! That is a high school's weight room?! Other than the bumpers, it looks like a great place to train. At my public school, we had something like a 1960's 6 station universal machine in what could have been a closet.
    Well, my friend from the North, Texas takes their high school football very seriously.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast