starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Debilitating bicep/arm pain and numbness after squatting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dude with the neuro symptoms - find the clavicle on the side where you are having the hard neuro signs. Go above the clavicle and get your fingers in between the clavicle and the trap. Push down. If this reproduces your neuro signs, post on here that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by seafunk View Post
    Thoracic outlet syndrome can occur bilaterally. There is an easy provocation test for TOS though, that you can perform at home. You could be anatomically predisposed for this. I'm not 100% sure about this, but have you double checked your bar position? Is it really resting below the spina scapulae?

Good luck and be well!
    Spill them beans. What's the home test? (And thanks for the well wishes)

Bar position was checked by a SS coach last weekend (for which I am very grateful). Turns out I had the bar a fraction hight. Not much, but still high. No problems that day. I've not had a chance to properly road test the new technique yet.

It could be that the wrist breaking over the bar was the main problem and that since fixing that it's gradually going away, as Leonidas mooted. It could be that I wore different colour underpants, who knows. It looks like good (or at least 'better') technique has an inverse relationship with occurrence at least. That's got to be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidasfromSparta View Post
    Why you no read this: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...petoe_goes_off ?
    Anyway, don't count too much on the other doc who "knows better". Your best shot is the SS coach you're going to train with. Good luck with your training, and keep on getting stronger.
    I did read that before but kinda thought the GP would at least have an awareness of the benefits of weight training, from a medical perspective. That notion has been corrected.

However, now I'm cursed with my newfound knowledge. When I hear friends complain of ailments that I know are commonly reported to be improved by lifting, it's going to be an uphill battle to get them question what GPs, physios and PTs tell them and get them under a bar. There should be some kind of crib sheet to give them.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in the Box View Post
    When I hear friends complain of ailments that I know are commonly reported to be improved by lifting, it's going to be an uphill battle to get them question what GPs, physios and PTs tell them and get them under a bar. There should be some kind of crib sheet to give them.
    Feel free to make one for us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234