starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rainfall

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Coach Rip,

Are you getting flooded out in Wichita Falls? Are the recent rains causing any issues with the 'toilet to tap' program initiated in Wichita Falls? like turds floating into the water reservoir or other such anomalies because the system is overwelmed.

We're fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Murphy View Post
    Don't want to hijack this thread but, yeah, it does. I did my time at Lewis in the early 80s, and spent 15 years wanting to get back out here. I've just passed 20 years living in the Seattle metro. I'd say the last 18 months has been the best run of sunny days (off and on, of course) that I've seen here. Tertius is, I think, a relative newcomer, but he'd probably agree that when it's nice, it's very, very nice.
    I tend to prefer it a little bit gray and overcast, cool, and blustery.
    I should probably live on the windward side of the peninsula, really. I understand they have real weather there sometimes.

The extent to which the weather here is "nice" (clear, sunny, warm) in the summer gets to be goddamn obnoxious.

And due to all the clear weather we've had this last year, it's a tetch slim on the reservoir side of things. The Northwest doesn't really do multi-year water storage.

Does this rain mean that you have water cascading over the "Falls" part of Wichita Falls into your reservoir ? We have a lake here that runs out of water and grows blue green algae over the summer months, the city fathers want to pump river water into it to keep the algae away, nothing is said about the nearby golf course pumping water out of it to keep the greens watered, seems that councils are the same where ever you live.

That was a heck of a storm in Houston the night before last. I was down visiting family and managed to time it just right for the storm and floods. It was about 8 straight hours of non-stop lightning and hard rain. I've been through a lot floods down here, but this one was pretty impressive.

You may be fine but how about Dallas? Rick Perry is telling everyone in Dallas to leave because of the dam.

excuse me Greg Abbot, not Rick Perry.

But the BBC did a documentary saying the Texas Drought was all down to GLOBAL WARMING (link). No doubt they will publish a retraction now and say it was just a statistical fluke that has been evened out by excess rain.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    You may be fine but how about Dallas? Rick Perry is telling everyone in Dallas to leave because of the dam.
    You mean there is no free board left, or that the dam is unstable? People who manage huge volumes of water are suppose to manage the amount of water stored compared to what the inflow is so that dams don't fail.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456