starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question For Rip - Texas Method

The People's Republic of Boulder, Colorado

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    From the Wit and Wisdom of Mark Rippetoe wiki page:

"Steve, buddy, the plan is in the fucking book. That's what the book is about. That's why I wrote the book. This is a Q&A for people who are already using the plan IN THE FUCKING BOOK. Get it, read it, and use it. Really, the book is too long to post here. Get the fucking book."

Also, practical programming volume 3 is the bee's knees. Buy that shit. You'll love it.

I bought it. Didn't realize this forum was so sacred. Sorry fellas. Only been strength training for a year. Enjoy the chuckles.

If you think this forum is sacred, you've read even less of it than you appear to have. The length of time you've been training is far less important to posting here than the amount of time we expect you to invest before you ask questions. Read what's already been written. This forum is free -- help keep it that way.

Fair Enough. I'll get to reading.

Some people ask questions before they decide the answers and SS community are worthy enough to invest time and money. Also another critical factor in a free forum.

-Yours Truly

Between the books, online articles, YouTube videos, dvd, mysterious search function, everything is here. You will be suggested a SS coach, don't delay this one. There is a reason my post count is, after this, 14.

Admittedly, I saw that this forum existed, got excited, didn't read the FAQ, didn't read the forum rules, and just fired away at the keyboard. So now that I have, I'll start from page 1...sobbing quietly and doing bicep curls and sit-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by JonClarkCPT View Post
    Admittedly, I saw that this forum existed, got excited, didn't read the FAQ, didn't read the forum rules, and just fired away at the keyboard. So now that I have, I'll start from page 1...sobbing quietly and doing bicep curls and sit-ups.
    You could have done worse. A lot of people ask their Texas Method questions on a certain bodybuilding site, where they get authoritative answers from 135 pound teenagers.

I kinda think you're better off with the grumpy old farts here.

starting strength coach development program
    Alright gentleman, I spent most of the day reading the forum and am only through about 80 or so of 500 pages but my brain hurts and I need a beer now. I have a real question though. I've been squatting in socks for awhile because the guy that introduced me to Starting Strength squatted in socks. Do you have a recommendation for weightlifting shoes? Brand and model?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast