starting strength gym
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip do you agree with Crowder's views on Muslims?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My point was in response to frequency, as the original commentator strongly implied that it was Muslims who had the chokehold on terror acts, when in facts the statistics flatly deny this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do we have to leave out the 3000 people in Manhattan?
    I'm pretty sure that since 2001 US police have killed more people in the US, in total, (probably even innocent people) than Muslims.

I'm on my phone though, so I can't check the numbers very well.

How does the OP answer this question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGN8SlIEZ8

Quote Originally Posted by saqadri9c View Post
    Lol, this is an utterly tired right-wing talking point for the last 15 years. Look up who has been responsible for the vast majority of mass killings in the last 15 years in the Western world.
    Inner city blacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do we have to leave out the 3000 people in Manhattan?
    It depends.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    I'm pretty sure that since 2001 US police have killed more people in the US, in total, (probably even innocent people) than Muslims.
    Very predictable, and beside the point.

Muslim American terrorists have killed 76 people in America since 9/11 (9/11 terrorists were not American)...meanwhile 30,000 people die yearly from gun violence. I think the presence of radicalism amongst Muslim Americans is extremely slim for several reasons: they tend to be very assimilated with American culture, per capita they don't kill many, and the opinion polls on them are very favorable compared to people of other faiths and compared to other Muslim populations in the world. And Rip, I am not a Muslim, although I may feel like one culturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    How does the OP answer this question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGN8SlIEZ8
    I'm not a Muslim. But I do condemn Hamas. Not condemning Hamas does not make someone a bad person--it just means that they perceive Israel as the big bad wolf and support anyone who attacks them. I also condemn the American government for directly causing 200,000 deaths in Iraq, condemn ISIS, and slightly condemn Israel for overreacting to Hamas. Most Muslims have a skewed view of Israel, as do most conservatives--both sides are wrong. The truth is that both Israel and Palestine are to blame. If an Iraqi or Afghani asks Horowitz if he condemns America (because of the slaughter of their people), and if he says no, does that make him a bad person? I'm sure Iraqis/Afghanis would think so.

Rip, you forgot Ameri-phobia. Fear of being outed as an American. This is accompanied by shame and guilt.

...and 1%-aphobia, fear that after paying over 50% of your income to fed/state/local taxes, you still might not have paid your fair share.

Quote Originally Posted by umairsemail View Post
    do you agree with his myopic views on Muslims?
    It seems to me that this is an attempt to get a respected, decent and outspoken person to say something offensive. It's mean-spirited and nasty.

starting strength coach development program
    But, it's the internet.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast