starting strength gym
Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip do you agree with Crowder's views on Muslims?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    It is dumb for the local Imam to interpret the passages that tell him (literally) to kill fags and heretics any other way. Which is why he needs so much "education" from liberal muslims to do otherwise.
    This is true, I think, and whenever someone prattles on about violence in the Hebrew Bible it's easy to point to the New Testament to negate it. But that doesn't change the fact that most Jews aren't violent. Somehow they figured out a way to cope with the Pentateuch without stoning all adulterers. Why can't Muslims figure this out? I'd rather support them in that effort than malign and do violence against all of them in revenge for their equivalent of our KKK.

It's one thing to criticize the Koran doctrinally. I'm all over that. But I don't think it's gonna help in the real world, at least if you're assuming the Koran is some kind of equivalent to the Muslims in your neighborhood.

Plus, as I said before, they provide the shawarma. Why is this not the best evidence

Quote Originally Posted by I, Claudius View Post
    I've never read anything but text books. Please explain literature to me!
    I am not arguing whether ANYONE should take religious texts seriously, but the fact is that they do.

This fact makes genre distinctions rather important to how those who already will take their texts seriously live their lives and how we who do not can understand a big part of the mentality that any particular religion brings to society at large.

For now, maybe this will help.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Read-Book-.../dp/0671212095

Those of us who do not suffer from some form of ass-burgers see this as rather obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    This fact makes genre distinctions rather important to how those who already will take their texts seriously live their lives and how we who do not can understand a big part of the mentality that any particular religion brings to society at large.
    You're missing the point. If you fuck with people, expect sooner or later to get fucked back. All there is to understand. The United States has been bombing the shit out of the ME for over 25 years now -- the dead, maimed and displaced are in the 10s of millions. Are you actually that naïve to think that no shit was ever going to come America's way? Blowback is a bitch.

<b>Obama Administration SHOCKED [Shocked, I Tell You!] That People Being Bombed By It Retaliate </b>

Sad. The current US administration is obviously as clueless as George Christiansen.

M of A - Obama Administration SHOCKED That People Being Bombed By It Retaliate (Updated)

P.S. The victims of US sponsored terror in Latin America have an escape option -- crossing the US-Mexico border!

You're missing the point. If you fuck with people, expect sooner or later to get fucked back. All there is to understand. The United States has been bombing the shit out of the ME for over 25 years now -- the dead, maimed and displaced are in the 10s of millions. Are you actually that naïve to think that no shit was ever going to come America's way? Blowback is a bitch.

<b>Obama Administration SHOCKED [Shocked, I Tell You!] That People Being Bombed By It Retaliate </b>

Sad. The current US administration is obviously as clueless as George Christiansen.

M of A - Obama Administration SHOCKED That People Being Bombed By It Retaliate (Updated)

P.S. The victims of US sponsored terror in Latin America have an escape option -- crossing the US-Mexico border!

Ahhh. If we stop the drone strikes in the ME, then gays won't be executed, nor will apostates, women will have equal rights, and Israel will be left alone. Good to know.

Apparently Claude only dances to one tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    Why did we intervene in Bosnia?
    Don't challenge the popular, unexamined narrative. Just go with it.

You're missing the point. If you fuck with people, expect sooner or later to get fucked back.
    So who are the fags and heretics being killed and imprisoned in muslim majority countries fucking with (other than their literal sex partners) that has brought them such treatment again?

You are missing the point!

If there were no terrorists of any sort and no foreign influence in the Middle East, you would still have muslims killing their own people over religious taboos because the Koran clearly tells them to so and many of them are too "uneducated" to learn all the complex tricks that somehow make "kill" mean "live and let live".

See the difference yet or do you want to explain to me again how the only foreign policy I approve of (leaving people the fuck alone until they attack you) would pretty much eliminate terrorism?

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Dead people don't care about anything. They're dead.

I am unaware of any participant in this thread being dead, and have presumed everyone to be among the living. It is possible that I may be wrong, and that could explain a few things.

Beyond this discussion, if we want to seriously address Islamic violence, we will be greatly hindered if we ignore historical and social context.

Several US administrations have had to learn this lesson the hard way.
    Actually, I'm not sure many of them ever did.

Oh, and this is an interesting read if people are willing to take the time, as it's a very insightful and well-researched analysis of the motivations of the organizations we're talking about. Note that even within Salafist terrorist organizations, there is a large range in what Islamic scripture actually means. And most of their goals are revolutionary and political (primarily concerned with removing foreign powers from the region), justified using convenient religious language that most others reject (and in the case of Daesh, also strongly informed by deep ethnic divides and headed up by a megalomaniac that wants to be a king).
    I read through the article. I'm not so sure how well researched it is but it seems thorough and well thought out.. It does not talk about the use of terrorism and that omission seems convenient for the authors case.

This case being that if the U.S. Would back down (some or a lot ) on supporting the enemies of Al Qaeda they wouldn't be as much of a threat.

Which, of course, is exactly why they commit acts of terrorism. To get us to back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jones View Post
    Ahhh. If we stop the drone strikes in the ME, then gays won't be executed, nor will apostates, women will have equal rights, and Israel will be left alone. Good to know.
    Ultra-Orthodox Israeli Stabs 6 at a Gay Pride Parade for Second Time, Police Say

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/31/wo...w-nytimes&_r=0

Thomas, what do you think -- set new coordinates for the drone strikes ?

Saudi court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

Telegraph | Error 404 | Sorry, the page you have requested is not available

Do I need to mention again that George W. Bush was making out when he was President with that horrible King Abdullah (now dead and rotting)? Is this what American presidents do with horrible dictators -- hold hands and stick their tongue down their throats, literally and metaphorically speaking?

Thomas, what say you now -- add more new coordinates for US drone strikes? These horrid Saudi Royal fucks are your country's great ally, just so you know

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Apparently Claude only dances to one tune.
    Unfortunately, so do your American warmongers in office -- sending young men off to war for the-bullshit-reason-of-the-day ... and not giving a shit for them when they return home, by underfunding post-combat-support and V.A. hospitals. Why not -- it's easy when the kid the warmonger is sending off is somebody else's.

Young Homeless Veterans Double in the U.S.

While the national total of homeless veterans in the United States is falling, the number of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans who are homeless or at risk of losing their home has more than doubled in the past two years, according to a recent USA Today article. (2013)

Young Homeless Veterans Double in the U.S. | News and Events | Volunteers of America)

P.S. I enjoy American country music. Nothing wrong with that

starting strength coach development program
    [QUOTE=George Christiansen;1154032]Because Saddam Hussein did a better job of keeping them at bay than us?

What does that prove? We need yet more and more tyrannical boots on the ground there?

Yes. People tend to do that sort of thing when it involves defending themselves.
    [QUOTE]

You don't see the nuance in this?

Seriously?

1. A group that is Muslim taking in a Christian group to protect them. In fact both the Assyrians in Syria and the Chaldeans in Iraq protected against Muslims. As in religion clearly has nothing or little to do with this.

2. Saddam's vice president was Chaldean too. So again the nuance would be that the Muslim with WMD's and was going to give them to Al Qaeda because we let women drive and vote and have freedom's, his vice president was actually a Christian. So in fact Saddam wanted nothing to do with Al Qaeda and what's happening in Syria is proof positive. The only opposition to Assad, a member of the same Baathist party as Saddam, left is Al Nusra (Al Qaeda) and ISIS...ummm go figure.

Also, in Syria the Druze, another religion all together even though sometimes they are considered Muslim, are still somewhat sticking with Assad and if they had to chose would probably go with Al Nusra over ISIS any day of the week....umm I wonder why?

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast