starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September IS IN FACT Strength Month

Default September IS IN FACT Strength Month

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

I've gotten two coworkers to start actual training this year. Well at least partially.
    Unfortunately, the first one refuses to train anything other than bench. Which is a shame since he has some real potential. He's benching 265x5x5 after a few months.
    Second one will bench and deadlift, but cannot rack the squat in any position due to issues from a previous shoulder surgery.

I've tried to include more, but the converting people is extremely difficult.

Do you think it would help if people called their elected state or federal representatives to encourage them to introduce legislation to make this officially strength month? It's hard to see how anyone could reasonable oppose such a resolution. The publicity would do a world of good. The Feds may be totally dysfunctional, but perhaps Texas or some other state would do something useful?

Do you think there would be sufficient support for a whitehouse petition https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/? That could be another source of publicity.

You haven't really been paying attention recently, have you? Please leave the Government THE FUCK OUT of our business.

Excellent timing. Me and my girlfriend went to see a SS coach on Sunday. Today she asked me to help her squat, deadlift, and bench press without me mentioning it. Very cool. I also have been training with my twin brother for one month now. I showed him how to do the lifts and he is progressing really nicely. Next target, my little brother.

A resolution seems a relatively easy and inexpensive way to publicize this widely. If not, perhaps you'd reconsider doing a reddit AMA. Your last one garnered a lot of attention.

More publicity than you get from this site and related sites would seem helpful to the cause.

Okay, Elephant. I'll announce the Federal designation of September as Strength Month tomorrow morning when I appear on The View. I'll be at the United Nations tomorrow afternoon, training Ban Ki Moon, and I'll tell him to designate this at the global level as well. We're actually purchasing Reddit next week, so I'll schedule myself very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Okay, Elephant. I'll announce the Federal designation of September as Strength Month tomorrow morning when I appear on The View. I'll be at the United Nations tomorrow afternoon, training Ban Ki Moon, and I'll tell him to designate this at the global level as well. We're actually purchasing Reddit next week, so I'll schedule myself very soon.
    Sounds like a busy month. How will you ever find the time to answer all the highly original questions you get here?

Joe Rogan will be handling the board from now on.

starting strength coach development program
    Does Ban Ki Moon even have a podcast? Might not be worth it. Not enough exposure.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast