starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: September IS IN FACT Strength Month

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Vostok View Post
    Does Ban Ki Moon even have a podcast? Might not be worth it. Not enough exposure.
    He's on Joe Rogan this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Okay, Elephant. I'll announce the Federal designation of September as Strength Month tomorrow morning when I appear on The View. I'll be at the United Nations tomorrow afternoon, training Ban Ki Moon, and I'll tell him to designate this at the global level as well. We're actually purchasing Reddit next week, so I'll schedule myself very soon.
    How will this affect work on the Affordable Barbell and Lifter Protection Act?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue View Post
    How will this affect work on the Affordable Barbell and Lifter Protection Act?
    I hope this doesn't pass. Based on previous naming conventions, this would mean barbell prices will soon skyrocket (and I just started planning my home gym).

I have decided to be the Senator from New York. This is apparently okay with the people of New York. I already identify as The Senator From New York. When I assume office, I will decide the fate of the ABLPA.

I already identify as The Senator From New York.
    Identification is reality in the current world. You are on the edge of the envelope in what pop culture determines to be the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

DNA and plumbing be damned. Hurt feelings over what you were handed out by biology and geography are irrelevant. We are all free to be what, who, and where we want to be. Unless we are not progressive enough to pass muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    DNA and plumbing be damned. Hurt feelings over what you were handed out by biology and geography are irrelevant. We are all free to be what, who, and where we want to be. Unless we are not progressive enough to pass muster.
    What does this have to do with my Senate seat?

Identification is reality in the current world. You are on the edge of the envelope in what pop culture determines to be the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, Rip. The culture war will be lost if MEH does not take every opportunity to fire his cannon.

I identify as a 600lb squatter. For now, the bar is still allowed to disagree.

Merely affirming the rationale behind your right to your feelings about your accession to political power. Perhaps you can be the nucleus of a rising new party. The Odin Party. Or is that too fraught with paternalistic oppression and privilege and not inclusive enough of non-Northern Europeans?

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, Rip. The culture war will be lost if MEH does not take every opportunity to fire his cannon.
    The culture war is already lost. I simply haven't and won't sign the armistice and surrender documents. Future generations will have to come to their senses after having had a bellyful of the chaos of non-meaning and non-reality. It's a moot point for me, because I know I won't be around to see it happen. It takes a couple of generations getting smacked upside their heads before enough critical mass is reached to effect change. Since I'll turn 65 in a couple of weeks I'll be highly surprised if I get 30-40 more years to watch the passing parade of clowns and mummers who have set the cultural agenda we have just now.

starting strength coach development program
    Wow! I think that's my new manifesto right there.

Quote Originally Posted by mev20 View Post
    I identify as a 600lb squatter. For now, the bar is still allowed to disagree.
    I'm half way to a 600 pound squat. I can do the descent.

More seriously, first client, interested in increasing overall strength. For the trial session we did squat press and deadlift. Tomorrow brings workout B.

I had a chat with a young fellow who asked me about squat technique. He reckons he can't afford training, so I suggested he look in here and buy the book. He was a little doubtful about adding weight on each workout, but he's already drinking milk, so he might get it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast