starting strength gym

Thread: My Latest on PJ: Government Exercise

Do you believe the NIA's recommendations are out of line with most of what is recommended for senior citizens?

Whether most of what is recommended is stupid is a different question (the answer to that is clearly that it's stupid).

When I do a google search for "exercise senior citizens", the things that I find are consistent with the NIA's nonsense. For example, Jenna Wolfe shares tips, workouts for senior citizens - TODAY.com or Exercise Plan for Seniors

I think the NIA may the the source of some of this nonsense, and also probably derived therefrom. We must start the process of changing this.

Great reformulation of the previous piece for a more lay audience.

From the Comments Section comes Rip's response to a concern/excuse about not having home gym equipment or people around to train with:

Mark Rippetoe
    "Sometimes it is necessary to leave the house to get something accomplished. Like groceries and the doctor, you may have to consider the possibility that your home is where you come HOME to, not where you get everything done."

Every time I see the picture of the old bloke with his hand on the back of the chair and one leg in the air I picture him saying "Hello, sailor!"

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks to Glenn Reynolds for the mention: http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/213644/