starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Starting Strength extend Peyton Manning's career?

Default Could Starting Strength extend Peyton Manning's career?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    For many Peyton Manning fans, it's been tough to watch the second half of last season and the start of this one. One of the big problems I see is that he looks like he's about 150 pounds soaking wet. His arms are old man skinny and as a result of his weakness, he has lost some mobility.

His neck surgeries have been well documented. I'm certainly no doctor, so I hope you don't mind me linking the best article I could find detailing his procedures.

http://http://sinicropispine.com/his...eck-surgeries/

My question is given the information we have about his procedures through the link, would it be safe for him to perform the type of movements SS requires?

The link is dead. So is his career, because the finest brains in the NFL cannot wrap their fine brains around a different approach to strength than the silly bullshit popular among their S&C professionals.

Sorry doing this from a tablet. Here is the correct link.

Page Not Found | Dr. Stefano Sinicropi, M.D.

You're not very good at this link-thing.

If Peyton keeps going down the path he's on then he might switch to long distance running to get another championship...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The link is dead. So is his career, because the finest brains in the NFL cannot wrap their fine brains around a different approach to strength than the silly bullshit popular among their S&C professionals.
    I refuse to believe you truly stand behind the opinion that SC guys at the NFL level are poorly educated as to the benefits of barbells lifts and how to implement them. NO way. I think its relatively well known that if a true issue exists it is less on the side of education of those involved in managing SC, and more on the side of compliance of the players who are managing the daily transaction of risk to reward and permissible level of activity given their current condition of health.

And to OP I dont think you can't use Peyton Manning's size as a contributor to poor performance. He's still got more muscle on him than Tom Brady. Tom Brady has strings hanging from his sleeves. Most QB's are built this way.

Quote Originally Posted by GirthiestPiece View Post
    I refuse to believe you truly stand behind the opinion that SC guys at the NFL level are poorly educated as to the benefits of barbells lifts and how to implement them. NO way.
    You may believe what you want to believe.

High-Intensity Workout | Mirror/Mirror | The Live Well Network

Couldn't get the video to play but doesn't matter. Just read the article underneath. This guy is one of the most respected strength coaches in the history of the NFL. He has a tree of former assistants that are all over the league now.

One set to failure for 10-12 reps. Lower the weight slowly and hold peak contraction at the top. That's all you need boys and girls.

They don't say it here, but I know for a fact that Dan Riley does not believe in Barbell Back Squats. He was the Texans Strength Coach for years and used to have a radio show here in Houston I used to listen to pretty regularly. Hated "free weight squats" as being dangerous for athletes.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    High-Intensity Workout | Mirror/Mirror | The Live Well Network

Couldn't get the video to play but doesn't matter. Just read the article underneath. This guy is one of the most respected strength coaches in the history of the NFL. He has a tree of former assistants that are all over the league now.

One set to failure for 10-12 reps. Lower the weight slowly and hold peak contraction at the top. That's all you need boys and girls.

They don't say it here, but I know for a fact that Dan Riley does not believe in Barbell Back Squats. He was the Texans Strength Coach for years and used to have a radio show here in Houston I used to listen to pretty regularly. Hated "free weight squats" as being dangerous for athletes.
    in the video . . .he's standing over this woman doing smith machine bench press . . . stops halfway . . .elbows flared out as much as possible . . . seems like he knows a thing or two.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast