starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New B&R bar from Rogue

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Looks like I'll be revising the Christmas list with the B&R 2.0 on sale. Hard to pass up at that price.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by OCG View Post
    The Eleiko power bars at my local gym have pretty similar ridges. They're from being lathed. It's simply that they skip the finishing pass after roughing it out. Or rather, the finishing pass is done with a roughing out cutter that was used to do the rest of the cutting. Not sure why, probably just to save time and money on a part that doesn't strictly need to be polished and will just get scratched five minutes after you take it out of the box anyway.
    I don't think so. Even with a roughing cutting plate is is very easy to get it smooth, at least a lot smoother then it is. This seems intentionally. I think the reasoning is that the ridges retain the plates. Unfortunatly the opposite is true.

To truly safe time and money on the manufacturing they would have to skip the final pass alltogether and just leave it as is after roughing. That would look far worse than it does. Its actually a nice polished ridge pattern.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234