starting strength gym

Thread: Thank you!

Default Thank you!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Rip, just got the results, I did not pass my essay. I just wanted to say thank you for not lowering your standard and holding it so high. I put the best I had into that essay and the feedback I got let me see where I can get better and I have a lot of learning to do! I was at a cert by StrongFirst, their barbell cert (gift from my grandmother, I did not pay for it) and everyone in the room passed -- it was a joke. I threw the paper in the garbage when I got home cause it meant nothing. When I finally pass my SSC it will mean something and I know I will have earned something of REAL value! It's hard putting your best into something and being told still not good enough. I realize though I am not there yet. After a weekend of "pay the $, show up, and pass" I have the utmost appreciation for your standard and I just want to say thank you for being the real deal in a industry of fakes! Thank you for pushing the rest of us to be better!

It'll be there, Anthony. This is a refreshing departure from the bitching we sometimes get from people who don't pass. You're a good coach and a good guy, and we'll keep after you till you're ready. See you soon.

I thought people only get 1 chance to take the test? Are there multiple / unlimited number of attempts allowed to everyone or to specific people whom the SS staff deem worthy to take the test a second time? I thought I read that there is only one chance somewhere on another thread. May you please clarify this for me Rip?

Thanks!

Anthony will have a chance to take a different test.

It would be the ultimate contradiction to the SS model for someone to only be allowed to test a limited number of times.

It would essentially be saying progress can't happen.

starting strength coach development program
    Tony,
    Sorry to hear you came up short, but based on our brief chats, I know you're sincere in saying you appreciate the high standard and will cherish the credential when (not if - when) you succeed.