starting strength gym
Page 140 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    6 Days. About The Princes Gate siege in London, 1980, and the SAS rescue mission of the hostages. Very well done but with some overly dramatic, Jaws-like music when things get tense.

Quote Originally Posted by dtsak View Post
    If anyone would like to see a good Korean zombie move, may I suggest Train to Busan. Story isn't the greatest, but the action makes up for it. The zombies, for the most part, are actual actors, not CGI. Also, the hero of this whole story is a very big and strong Korean man who just demolishes these zombies. It's on Netflix right now.

Train to Busan Official Trailer #2 (2016) Yoo Gong Korean Zombie Movie HD - YouTube
    +1 This was really good.

I just watched 'The Drowning' yesterday. Interesting thriller. Part of the charm and the frustration of it was watching the main character make choices I definitely wouldn't have.

Really great and unexpected ending.

The Professionals. A great 60s western, maybe the best I've seen. Don't know how I missed it until now. Lee Marvin's best, I think. John Musser recommended it for the detail in the plot and the accuracy of the gun work. Highly recommended.

Very glad you enjoyed it. It is one of those under the radar movies that does not get much attention. I think it is worthy of multiple viewings.

Just watched The day the Earth stood still 2008 Honestly thought it was going to be a much more interesting plot due to the build up of curiosity when said "thing" arrived to earth. Left dissatisfied with the intellect of the alien and how it ended. Wouldn't recommend even if into sci-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The Professionals. A great 60s western, maybe the best I've seen. Don't know how I missed it until now. Lee Marvin's best, I think.
    Better than the Dirty Dozen? Although Lee Marvin AND Burt Lancaster are a tough pair to beat.

Which brings to mind one of Lancaster's and Kirk Douglas' later buddy movies, Tough Guys. Two old guys released from prison and still stuck in noir even though it's the 80's. Not classic cinema, but enjoyable as those two try to adjust.

The Girl With All The Gifts. Fast zombies, well cast.
    AKA the capitulation of Europe

Anybody have any input on Our Kind of Traitor?

Only that I've read the novel. Good read, but not Le Carre's best. The 70's BBC version of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is the nest adaption that's I've seen

Just saw The Ghost and the Darkness again last night. Woof! The suspense leading up to and during the lion attacks was so well done. I think that may have been Michael Douglas's best role. Lots of good African stuff too with Douglas's accompanying band of Masai warriors and the contempt their looks showed to Kilmer when he muffed his first shot at the lions.

starting strength coach development program
    That is a great film of a timeless story. Some extraneous stuff added, but not really a distraction from the main plot.