starting strength gym
Page 48 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip, have you seen Trinity and Beyond? It's a documentary about atomic bomb testing, narrated by William Shatner.
    It has stunning footage of many nuclear blasts, and bomb development history.

There was a sequel called Atomic Filmmakers, (which i haven't yet seen) which covers the secret Hollywood movie company hired to film the blasts.

I like it partly because it contains explosions Hollywood could never legally replicate. And Shatner does a fine job on the narration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The Wind and The Lion was such a movie.
    I understand it was over shadowed by Spielberg's Jaws.
    The Thin Red Line might be another great movie that was obscured by a film of Spielberg's, Saving Private Ryan. But then, The Thin Red Line might not be everybody's cup of tea

Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    Rip, have you seen Trinity and Beyond? It's a documentary about atomic bomb testing, narrated by William Shatner.
    It has stunning footage of many nuclear blasts, and bomb development history.

There was a sequel called Atomic Filmmakers, (which i haven't yet seen) which covers the secret Hollywood movie company hired to film the blasts.

I like it partly because it contains explosions Hollywood could never legally replicate. And Shatner does a fine job on the narration.
    I've seen it many times. Great film, and an important historical reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Giri View Post
    The Thin Red Line might be another great movie that was obscured by a film of Spielberg's, Saving Private Ryan. But then, The Thin Red Line might not be everybody's cup of tea
    Original, or the remake?

Quote Originally Posted by Giri View Post
    I really liked this one. Less Disneyesque than Spielberg's stuff. Beautiful cinematography.

Watched The Winter Soldier for the first time yesterday, it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Original, or the remake?
    Terrence Malick's

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    I really liked this one. Less Disneyesque than Spielberg's stuff. Beautiful cinematography.
    The Thin Red Line is truly appreciated by servicemembers. Perhaps no other movie has captured that experience better than this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    The Thin Red Line is truly appreciated by servicemembers. Perhaps no other movie has captured that experience better than this movie.
    On that note, never has a more accurate representation of Marine Corps bootcamp been presented than in "Full Metal Jacket"

Well, aside from the shit head offing himself and the DI in the shitter. Otherwise, a very cool and accurate portrayal. I wasnt in NAM so I cant speak to the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatPotato View Post
    On that note, never has a more accurate representation of Marine Corps bootcamp been presented than in "Full Metal Jacket"

Well, aside from the shit head offing himself and the DI in the shitter. Otherwise, a very cool and accurate portrayal. I wasnt in NAM so I cant speak to the rest of it.
    Army basic training was a good mix of Full Metal Jacket and Renaissance Man.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatPotato View Post
    I'll second that. When I watch the first part of that movie, I can smell it.