starting strength gym
Page 76 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

To be fair, it's really tough to outshine Kurosawa, especially if one's remaking his films. While he might have his own shortcomings, he out lasts those who might be more talented on the basis of the sheer amount of intellectual energy and attention to detail. A bit like Stanley Kubrick.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my Kurosawa comment is in the context of Tom Campitelli's review of The Magnificent Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    This makes me happy because the trailer was soooo good.
    I suspect you will dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lippke View Post
    I'm catching up on movies I should have seen a while ago; just finished Blade Runner, and man was that awesome.
    Yes. An iconic, beautiful, and important film.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lippke View Post
    Up next is Total Recall (1990).

Be sure you watch the Final Cut of Blade Runner. A much better presentation.

And HOLY SHIT. The VVitch. Absolutely amazing horror film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    Yes. An iconic, beautiful, and important film.
    [Total Recall - not so much]
    Yeah, that's pretty much how that afternoon went down. At least now I know where the "start the reactors" meme comes from. Is the short story upon which it is based, "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale," worth a read? I got this in a .pdf via a friend who also shared "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" in the same bundle. There's a computer game of the same name, where Harlan Ellison himself voices AM and does an eerily fantastic job. The game itself is nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Be sure you watch the Final Cut of Blade Runner. A much better presentation.
    It looks like I got lucky as this appears to be the version I saw. I can't wait to watch it again honestly. A treat for the eyes it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And HOLY SHIT. The VVitch. Absolutely amazing horror film.
    Nice! The previews looked good to me. Watching now on Amazon Prime.

I'm glad "Magnificent Seven" was good, I really want to see it! Anyone here seen "Bone Tomahawk"? I'm on the fence about watching that one. I guess I'll be watching "VVitch" then if Rip liked it!

I finally watched "The Revenant" last week and thought it was awesome!

Seen the previews, not going to watch VVitch. I'm too old for stuff like that.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Viggo Mortensen. I haven't seen all his movies, but every one I have seen kicks ass. A very few of which to-wit; Eastern Promises, Hidalgo, and A History of Violence. He and the respective people responsible for casting movies seem to find a great fit for him with the vehicle.
    Anyone else have an opinion on Eastern Promises (2007)? I shrugged it off when I first saw it because it didn't really conform to what I expected a mob movie to look like, but I just watched it again on HBO GO and thought it was very good.

On a side note, I remember thinking Mortensen looked jacked the first time I saw this, which was ages before I did the program. Now he looks somewhat weak and underweight. This has happened with other films too.