starting strength gym
Page 100 of 301 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    It is not a Hollywood film, but Rogue recently released a 45-minute documentary about the history of strength stones in Scotland that is unusually cool. It is nicely filmed and is an endearing portrait of strength culture and tradition in Scotland. Well worth the 45 minutes.

Damn, I hadn't heard about this. As someone with a special place in my heart for stone lifting, this looks really cool.

Thanks for the heads up Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    It is not a Hollywood film, but Rogue recently released a 45-minute documentary about the history of strength stones in Scotland that is unusually cool. It is nicely filmed and is an endearing portrait of strength culture and tradition in Scotland. Well worth the 45 minutes.

Watched this about a month ago on the YouTubez and it was really good. It got me thinking that America so have something like that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Anderson View Post
    Saw John Wick Chapter 2 this weekend. It was a very good sequel in my opinion, not as good as the first but a very good follow up. The action was great, and they really didn't do a lot of cut jobs where they changed views 1000 times a scene. You can very clearly see that it is Keanu Reeves doing the dirty work. The guns were fantastic because as a gun enthusiast I could tell that they knew what they were doing with weapon choices. I think it's worth going to theaters to see.
    Apparently Keanu did a lot of training with for Spec Ops to get the movements and handling correct. They wanted it to look like John Wick knew what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Apparently Keanu did a lot of training with for Spec Ops to get the movements and handling correct. They wanted it to look like John Wick knew what he was doing.
    Yeah he trained with Taran Butler who is a world champion 3 gun guy and arguably the best shooter in the world. He really did a great job preparing for this role.

Django Unchained was excellent but my favorite in the last 10 years has to be No Country for Old Men. I turned Pulp Fiction off, maybe I didn't get it.

You didn't get it. The time-thing confused you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Anderson View Post
    Saw John Wick Chapter 2 this weekend. It was a very good sequel in my opinion, not as good as the first but a very good follow up. The action was great, and they really didn't do a lot of cut jobs where they changed views 1000 times a scene. You can very clearly see that it is Keanu Reeves doing the dirty work. The guns were fantastic because as a gun enthusiast I could tell that they knew what they were doing with weapon choices. I think it's worth going to theaters to see.
    Just saw this, and I completely agree about how it was shot and edited. It's so great to see an action movie where the characters seem to exist in physical space and you can clearly follow what is happening and it makes sense. Makes it actually exciting and fun to watch. The last action movie I saw in the theatre was Jason Bourne and the shaky-cam, 500-cuts-per-minute action scenes were so incomprehensible that I just totally checked out to the point that I started falling asleep in my seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Just saw this, and I completely agree about how it was shot and edited. It's so great to see an action movie where the characters seem to exist in physical space and you can clearly follow what is happening and it makes sense. Makes it actually exciting and fun to watch. The last action movie I saw in the theatre was Jason Bourne and the shaky-cam, 500-cuts-per-minute action scenes were so incomprehensible that I just totally checked out to the point that I started falling asleep in my seat.
    I really dislike Paul Greengrass's directorial style. I don't want to pay a lot of money to watch a movie so the director can tell his camera operators to shoot shit from their shoulders and have the camera bouncing everywhere. Camera dollies forever.

starting strength coach development program
    Watched Manchester By the Sea last night, amazingly well acted by everyone but with special shoutout to Casey Affleck who should win Best Actor for that performance.