starting strength gym
Page 117 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The Grand Hotel ... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens. -- Dr. Otternschlag

Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Quite few decent films with Rutger Hauer from that time period: 'Nighthawks', 'Blade Runner', 'The Osterman Weekend' , and 'LadyHawk' were all decent.
    LadyHawk has an epic saga's aura about it.

Was finally able to sit down and watch the new Kong and Logan this weekend. As far as Kong goes, I think it was well made and put together, although Jackson's character just reminded me of ever character he has ever played. I'm not exactly excited to see Kong V. Godzilla though.

What to say about Logan...its the version of Wolverine that we always deserved but were never given until the end. Watching Stewart play Xavier in this way was eye opening and refreshing from his previous portrayals of the character in the PG era. It seems as if Fox is paying attention to the success of Deadpool and using that equation with Logan, hopefully they can continue to use it and perfect it in this ay so that we may get the best movies possible,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Top westerns are:

Silverado
    The Sacketts
    Wyatt Earp
    Lonesome Dove
    Conagher
    Unforgiven
    Open Range
    Tombstone
    You gotta add Shane to this list.

Have you watched Memento? It has Guy Pierce (Weyland in Prometheus) and Carrie Ann Moss. Been a while since I've seen it, but at the time I thought Nolan hit it out of the park. Though it might be a little dark for my tastes now.

Watched "The Machinist" recently.
    I suppose it is best known as that movie Christian Bale lost a whole bunch of weight for. And yes, the director does spend a fair amount of time making a fetish out of his starved body.
    However, I found it a compelling study of guilt & paranoia. Will watch again.

Also, for fans of Manic Street Preachers, the opening clip on "Journal for Plague Lovers" is taken from this movie.

"You know so little about me. What if I turn into a werewolf or something?"

Quote Originally Posted by slhuckstead View Post
    Have you watched Memento? It has Guy Pierce (Weyland in Prometheus) and Carrie Ann Moss. Been a while since I've seen it, but at the time I thought Nolan hit it out of the park. Though it might be a little dark for my tastes now.
    A good one indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Giri View Post
    LadyHawk has an epic saga's aura about it.
    It was close to 'Excalibur', but not quite as good..or dark.

The Founder: quite good and at times excellent

Gold: almost as good

Quote Originally Posted by slhuckstead View Post
    Christopher Nolan movies never disappointed me. The range of ideas, genres, the extremities he pursues the concepts to etc., his movies are entertaining while being artistically satisfying.

starting strength coach development program
    Watched Gold this weekend, thought it was decent. The end had me questioning a little if McConaughey's character actually knew about the fraud the entire time. It's a good watch because you see the Wall St. people get it.