starting strength gym
Page 123 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    I've never been left in a worse and more uncomfortably mood by a film.
    Sounds like fun! Haha.
    I watched the trailer and I'm thinking I should amend my first post to say that I enjoy apocalyptic movies that have a hopeful uptic at the ending however slight. Probably why I enjoyed the road so much-I really didn't expect that from McCarthy.
    I do recall putting Blood Meridian down in disgust multiple times (my daughter was 6 months old at the time and at one point he had multiple dead babies strung up on a gorse bush drying in the sun) but I always returned to it and ended up really enjoying it so maybe I should give The Divide a chance.

I'm rewatching The Prestige after a few years. It's amazing. There's so much in there that seems fine before you know the twist, and then the twist casts it in a whole new light. It's a masterpiece of film.

Absolutely. Great film. Must be watched multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by The_GOAT View Post
    I'm rewatching The Prestige after a few years. It's amazing. There's so much in there that seems fine before you know the twist, and then the twist casts it in a whole new light. It's a masterpiece of film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Absolutely. Great film. Must be watched multiple times.
    Yes, it's a great film. Much better than it's counter part The Illusionist of the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    Yes, it's a great film. Much better than it's counter part The Illusionist of the same year.
    I have to disagree. The Illusionist was a great portrayal of the decaying Austro-Hungarian Empire with some great actors throughout it, Paul Giamatti, Jessica Biel, Rufus Sewell, Eddie Marsan.

Both good in their own way. Although the cameo of David Bowie as Tesla in The Prestige was hard to beat.

Goddamn it, Rip. When are you going to weigh in on Alien: Covenant?

Fun fact: I saw both The Prestige and Borat on the same night in the same theater. Guess which one I have watched again and again over the years...

Quote Originally Posted by hector_garza View Post
    Goddamn it, Rip. When are you going to weigh in on Alien: Covenant?
    After I see it. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I have to disagree. The Illusionist was a great portrayal of the decaying Austro-Hungarian Empire with some great actors throughout it, Paul Giamatti, Jessica Biel, Rufus Sewell, Eddie Marsan.

Both good in their own way. Although the cameo of David Bowie as Tesla in The Prestige was hard to beat.
    I agree. Its not often when same year counterpart movies are both good. I think the prestige is probably the better of the two but I think I enjoyed the Illusionist more.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Lee View Post
    I agree. Its not often when same year counterpart movies are both good. I think the prestige is probably the better of the two but I think I enjoyed the Illusionist more.
    I agree with you on this. The Prestige was a more popular movie and better known, but I enjoyed watching the Illusionist more. Felt it was just a better story with better actors.