starting strength gym
Page 124 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I love both---for different reasons.

Despite Edward Norton's weaksauce accent and lack of genuine "maleness", I woukd tend to gravitate more towards The Illusionist---great cinematography and IMO Phillip Glass's best score (whom I normally find a repetitive bore).

No doubt The Prestige was a deeper and more thought out movie. I love The Twilight Zone-esque twist. It's not a feel good movie, but is probably is "technically" a better movie--though hard to compare the two. Honestly, Chris Nolan is probably the most methodical and capable director in the business today.

Only commonality between the two is that they involve "magicians".

BTW for all the Alien fans in the room (of which, I am proudly....even Alien3 [there was no Alien 4])----you will be mixed on Alien: Covenant. I loved Prometheus, I loved Alien and Aliens......sort of a slightly-better-than-meh vibe from the movie. Beautifully shot, much more graphic than Prometheus, but decidedly different. If you are expecting a story that continues the ambitious themes of Prometheus (which many are not and don't want), then you will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    The Illusionist was a great portrayal of the decaying Austro-Hungarian Empire with some great actors throughout it, Paul Giamatti, Jessica Biel, Rufus Sewell, Eddie Marsan.
    I love both of them, but they are very different films with very different points.

Contact is now on Amazon Prime. An excellent film, better than I remembered.

I tried to watch contact a couple of times when it first came out and it was rolling on movie central. I just couldn't get into it.
    Then about a year ago I was on a Jodie Foster roll for some reason and Contact was on the hit list and I finally made it to the end of the movie.
    It has since become one of my favourite movies. Up there with K-Pax as far as a believable or realistic (or just plain old positive) alien films go.

Watched 'Conagher' on recommendation of Rip. Fine movie. Some dialogues stand out. I would like to highlight a recent film 'Prisoners (2013)', should be watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidvocals View Post
    Watched 'Conagher' on recommendation of Rip. Fine movie. Some dialogues stand out. I would like to highlight a recent film 'Prisoners (2013)', should be watched.
    Prisoners was a pretty good movie in my opinion, Hugh Jackman really sold his part to me.

Brown County, Indiana (The best part of Indiana)

Quote Originally Posted by brkriete View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was the most fun I've had in a movie theater in a long time. One of the rare movies I'd consider seeing at the theater a second time.
    Yeah it was great! Watched it in IMAX. I could watch a dog taking a crap in IMAX and think it's a great movie, but Guardians of the Galaxy 2 really was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Geek View Post
    Yeah it was great! Watched it in IMAX. I could watch a dog taking a crap in IMAX and think it's a great movie, but Guardians of the Galaxy 2 really was good.
    Going to watch it this weekend. Even the trailer was charming and the soundtrack promises to be just as fun it was in the first part

Anyone see Covenant yet? The reviews say it is worse than Prometheus (I just rewatched it and it gets better with each viewing), so I'm going to assume that the public just wanted the original Xenomorphs to rip people up and didn't want to have a complex plot.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by slhuckstead View Post
    Anyone see Covenant yet? The reviews say it is worse than Prometheus (I just rewatched it and it gets better with each viewing), so I'm going to assume that the public just wanted the original Xenomorphs to rip people up and didn't want to have a complex plot.
    I was a little disappointed with Covenant, but I had high hopes. It disjointedly continues the story from Prometheus while incorporating a lot more Alien action, and about 2/3rds of the way through it turns into Blade Runner. It's kind of a clusterfuck, with a lot of holes, but still fun and thought provoking if you're into the whole Alien universe.