starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Response from gym regarding uneven floor

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Drecar, lifting on an uneven surface is not ideal. How sub-ideal it is depends on how uneven it is. Assuming it's not major, you can either deal with it or find somewhere else, but it will not stop you from making good progress. So far as I remember off-hand, no, this is not specifically addressed in SS:BBT3.
    Pretty good Sean, but I would more emphatically say that lifting heavy loads on a lateral slope is really, really fucking stupid.

Hips will probably be uneven; spinal torsion under load is probable. Bad shit.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    Pretty good Sean, but I would more emphatically say that lifting heavy loads on a lateral slope is really, really fucking stupid.

Hips will probably be uneven; spinal torsion under load is probable. Bad shit.
    Agreed. The macho-ness here is pretty silly. My old gym had a bump in the floor right in the middle of one of the squat racks. Probably 0.5" high. Should I shut up about it because I haven't squatted 700? Would you squat with one foot in a weightlifting shoe and one foot in a flat shoe? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by scwot View Post
    we have to significantly control the descent of deadlifts because the ceiling in the floor below the gym is asbestos and the dust is killing people, or something
    This gives new meaning to the word deadlift.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Loucas View Post
    This gives new meaning to the word deadlift.
    Preferred terminology is deathlift.

I too have worked out on a Naval Vessel. It fucking sucks, but its doable. Gotta get your lifts in when and where you can.

This forum is filled with pussies who rather obsess over their fucking equipment than lift weight. The same site that posted an excellent article about Jim Webster lifting logs, in the snow, barefoot, is home to a bunch of fucking pussies that want to argue over belt thickness, the size of their heels, and if its ok to do some god damn chin ups.

What is the fascination with obsessing over minutiae? Is it because Mark breaks down the lifts and discusses physics? What prevents all these people from just lifting weights? Jesus fuck. I've been a board member and reader for a while. Mark is a professional producing literature on what he has deduced is the most efficient way to lift weights. I appreciate his contributions. And they are important. But jesus christ, stop fussing over shit. Nothing is preventing any of you from experimenting and trying your own shit out.

I guess what Im saying is a lot of you fucking people just need to go lift fucking weights. If you dont enjoy it and youre going to agonize over silly details, just fucking quit and go do some bullshit activity you enjoy. Youll never get strong anyways. Because youre a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatPotato View Post
    Because youre a pussy.
    and real men make anonymous, rambling, not-all-that-literate, hyper-emotional outbursts on public forums?

Yeah, that was a bit emotional, Meat.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatPotato View Post
    Is that not the purpose of the forum, discussion? If in gym->lift, if on internet -> argue/masturbate.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    and real men make anonymous, rambling, not-all-that-literate, hyper-emotional outbursts on public forums?
    I probably need to get my levels checked. My nipples are sore and I've been intolerable.

Point remains though.

starting strength coach development program
    JasonHarbin the second
    Last guy I saw that mad we had just told him the axle he'd been pressing for years that he considered 90lb was only actually 75.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234