starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Response from gym regarding uneven floor

Default Response from gym regarding uneven floor

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So I tried to alert the gym manager about an uneven floor under the squat racks which I thought was a safety hazard. This is her response: The squat racks were levelled and bolted in for safety this past winter...working out over a slightly uneven floor is not hazardous it actually promotes stability and balance! Have you address this in the 3rd edition? At what point is an uneven floor problematic?

At the point where people quit the gym because of an uneven floor.

Geez, with my OCD I'd have to do a set facing one way then a set facing the other lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStrangeway View Post
    Geez, with my OCD I'd have to do a set facing one way then a set facing the other lol
    Even better for your OCD that you'd end up with injuries on both sides of the body, symmetric!!

The floor in our gym has a small but noticeable slope towards a drain -- we're in a basement and it floods once or twice a year. The athletes squatting 700 lbs or snatching 300 lbs don't seem to care. The athletes squatting 200 lbs are the ones who make a fuss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Coyne View Post
    The floor in our gym has a small but noticeable slope towards a drain -- we're in a basement and it floods once or twice a year. The athletes squatting 700 lbs or snatching 300 lbs don't seem to care. The athletes squatting 200 lbs are the ones who make a fuss about it.
    Where do you train? Why are the people there so strong?

Where I train currently the floors are slightly uneven all over the place. I just rotate which rack I squat in (usually I don't have a choice), no problems as of yet.

Our gym floor has a slight slope to it also. Just enough that a lightly loaded bar will roll around a little on the floor. When people bitch about it I just tell them to lift from the downhill side and take advantage of the favorable gravitational gradient.

Well, front to back isn't really a big deal at all. But a lateral slope? That's legitimately dangerous.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by The_GOAT View Post
    Where do you train? Why are the people there so strong?
    Gravity is stronger as one approaches the center of mass. Basement trainees are always the strongest trainees for this reason.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast