starting strength gym
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcast 25: Very Important Shit.

Default Podcast 25: Very Important Shit.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

I like your more recent hairstyle. The little bangs were sort of past due.

That was enough to knock a monkey off a motorcycle.

Fencing is lots of fun. I did foil quite extensively in my high school and university times. I wish I had the body then that I have now. I think lunges would be a lot more explosive. Those fencers in the Olympics are really supermen though. The speed at which they execute technique is phenomenal. I hope to see some footage in the upcoming games.

If you had to choose to only drink Scottish whisky or bourbon for the rest of your life, which would you choose? (We all know Irish whiskey is children's booze)

Quote Originally Posted by RIPP
    Things get harder as you get older
    I look forward to ageing, but honestly I don't see how that could happen as things stand.

Mark I do enjoy your "Ask Rip" podcasts and as I keep saying you are an easy bloke to listen to. This maybe impertinent of me to say this, but I get the impression that you would like to retire somewhat, I mean there is nothing wrong with saying I want a break, I went through this thing about three years ago, after 40 plus years of working I thought stuff this, I want to do something else with the time I have left. You don't stop training, but you could take a step back or two from the front end of the business and let someone else drive, How do I say this? It is a kind of partial withdrawal, just go and do whatever away somewhere else for a while, no phone calls, no internet, no TV and when you get back do two or three days a week until you either sell up or pass it onto someone that you have ready to take over.

You have trained enough folk surely you have someone who can run the business, yeah I know it is a hard to let go, but you cannot lift that weight for the rest of your life. Physically and mentally the strain can wear the strongest men down. Well, maybe I misread your podcast.

I love rye whiskey and I just ordered a bottle of Few. Can't wait to try some. Thanks for the recommendation Rip.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Mark I do enjoy your "Ask Rip" podcasts and as I keep saying you are an easy bloke to listen to. This maybe impertinent of me to say this, but I get the impression that you would like to retire somewhat, I mean there is nothing wrong with saying I want a break, I went through this thing about three years ago, after 40 plus years of working I thought stuff this, I want to do something else with the time I have left. You don't stop training, but you could take a step back or two from the front end of the business and let someone else drive, How do I say this? It is a kind of partial withdrawal, just go and do whatever away somewhere else for a while, no phone calls, no internet, no TV and when you get back do two or three days a week until you either sell up or pass it onto someone that you have ready to take over.

You have trained enough folk surely you have someone who can run the business, yeah I know it is a hard to let go, but you cannot lift that weight for the rest of your life. Physically and mentally the strain can wear the strongest men down. Well, maybe I misread your podcast.
    Maybe you're right, wal.

Boy. Your American networks suck. No wrestling, weightlifting, shooting?

Last I checked they showed all that stuff here up north. Wait, that was in 2008. In 2012 I was living in Singapore, but they too showed a lot of wrestling. And Taekwondo too.

I'm pretty sure someone somewhere is streaming every single Olympic event. Don't let your silly ass network executives decide what you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiedemies View Post
    Boy. Your American networks suck.
    No shit?

starting strength coach development program
    In 2012, NBC streamed everything over the internet (NBC Live Extra). I'd bet they do the same this year.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast