starting strength gym
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Demise of Starting Strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiedemies View Post
    I'd like to clarify that I don't believe strength training is detrimental to performance in other sport if care is taken that the motor skills required are trained enough.
    This is exciting news.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is exciting news.
    Well, I was making arguments that might be taken otherwise. I hardly believe my beliefs or opinions warrant excitement, but I'm glad if you get a thrill this easy.

This bullshit has reached Singapore. The newspapers here published an article with the title "No need for those heavy weights — just do more reps". I believe this is with reference to the research as mentioned in this thread.

It was already there, Shaunpang. Most of your competitors were already "coaching" this way, because it's a lot easier. But now, all of your potential clients have read about it in the newspaper, and you'll have to explain to them why this is wrong. Be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by umairsemail View Post
    Chronically performing full squats likely causes excessive hypertrophy of the quads, which is actually detrimental for sprinting performance.

"For junior sprinters of both genders, the higher development of PM relative to QF, rather than absolute muscle size, is a factor in achieving a better performance in 100-m race performance."
    That's funny, because in the recent quarter-squat-studies you've posted about (1/4 squat = sprinting gainz) . . .
    Don't quarter squats primary work the quads?

Yea, it was already here but now it's published in mainstream media, which exacerbates the problem. I'll be ready to explain why it's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    That's funny, because in the recent quarter-squat-studies you've posted about (1/4 squat = sprinting gainz) . . .
    Don't quarter squats primary work the quads?
    You don't get as much hypertrophy from doing partials because of the lack of TUT/mechanical tension.

You don't get as much hypertrophy from doing partials because of the lack of TUT/mechanical tension.
    ...You might be the most persistent troll this board has seen since DPG got axed.

Ha! SuperSlow rises again. Just do one rep that takes 30 seconds to perform the eccentric and then 30 more seconds to perform the concentric. Works like a charm.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Gotcher View Post
    ...You might be the most persistent troll this board has seen since DPG got axed.
    How do you know it is not dpg?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast