starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fighting a losing battle

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Tiger, one day you will come to a fork in the road and you’re going to have to make a decision about which direction you want to go. If you go that way you can be somebody. You will have to make compromises and you will have to turn your back on your friends. But you will be a member of the club and you will get promoted and you will get good assignments. Or you can go that way and you can do something — something for your country and for your Air Force and for yourself. If you decide you want to do something, you may not get promoted and you may not get the good assignments and you certainly will not be a favorite of your superiors. But you won’t have to compromise yourself. You will be true to your friends and to yourself. And your work might make a difference. To be somebody or to do something. In life there is often a roll call. That’s when you will have to make a decision. To be or to do? Which way will you go?

— Colonel John Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    Tiger, one day you will come to a fork in the road and you’re going to have to make a decision about which direction you want to go. If you go that way you can be somebody. You will have to make compromises and you will have to turn your back on your friends. But you will be a member of the club and you will get promoted and you will get good assignments. Or you can go that way and you can do something — something for your country and for your Air Force and for yourself. If you decide you want to do something, you may not get promoted and you may not get the good assignments and you certainly will not be a favorite of your superiors. But you won’t have to compromise yourself. You will be true to your friends and to yourself. And your work might make a difference. To be somebody or to do something. In life there is often a roll call. That’s when you will have to make a decision. To be or to do? Which way will you go?

— Colonel John Boyd
    I can't agree with Col. Boyd enough.

Do not cast your pearls before swine.

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post

— Colonel John Boyd
    I never heard those words from that man. But watching The Old Man live his own life, despite the things it cost him, instilled much of the same ethic in me. Which cost me plenty too in my career and in other aspects of my life. Being retired since April of this year, I have no regrets.

Now on to the next thing(s).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob R View Post
    But seriously, when I was doing the program exactly as prescribed I literally didn't have energy to do much else of anything. If the problem isn't that "the other guy is hotter than you", perhaps your not pushing her hard enough?

(I remember for the first few months of the program, I needed that full 48 hours between workouts, and I was still not feeling ready to do the next workout—no matter how much I ate, although the 12 month old was impacting my sleep somewhat).
    You are looking at this from the opposite perspective. You are someone who decided to do the program. His client is someone who came into the situation with all sorts of preconceived notions about training. She's likely not going to stop doing the extra stuff, and because of that he has to adjust her programming - its not that he's not pushing her hard enough. She's going to do that stuff ANYWAY so he's forced to work around it.

Unfortunately as Coaches we see this often. Personally I put up with it as long as I can without making too many concessions. But once a person has shown that they are simply not going to listen and they are not going to change then I let them go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12