starting strength gym
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: About E&P

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylikey View Post
    This may be of interest to the group. I did some sleuthing on reddit overnight.

Here's a thread from reddit/r/forummanagement

Note the date stamps. The next day, we noticed The Purge. Coincidence?

ETA: "Mick Rapperton" started deleting his reddit posts a few hours ago. The above is now the only record of his postings.
    Holy shit - is this for real? I mean, it would have taken you an awful lot of work to fake this, but, if for real -- how fucking cool that you caught it... I am unsure what to think. Hilarious either way.

Here's a thread from reddit/r/forummanagement

Note the date stamps. The next day, we noticed The Purge. Coincidence?

ETA: "Mick Rapperton" started deleting his reddit posts a few hours ago. The above is now the only record of his postings.
    OK, nevermind - nicely done and I should read more closely before responding -- oops.

Quote Originally Posted by tallison View Post
    I should read more closely before responding -- oops.
    Yes, you should.

Mikey that was classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    So, paysite. But Just for E&P. A direct measure of the value, right? How much would you pay, Tallison? And why did you wait 6 weeks before you asked me?
    Would actually make it much much worse. Guys like this become ultra-entitled once they have spent even a dollar to access a forum.

Can we set it up so that you only have to pay to access E&P. I stopped reading it after it became apparent the majority of the threads are a cesspool of troll nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob R View Post
    Can we set it up so that you only have to pay to access E&P. I stopped reading it after it became apparent the majority of the threads are a cesspool of troll nonsense.
    Should it be something else, in order to meet your needs?

Quote Originally Posted by greywar View Post
    Would actually make it much much worse. Guys like this become ultra-entitled once they have spent even a dollar to access a forum.
    Very odd to read oneself referred to in the third person like this. I think you miss the spirit with which I am offering these comments. That aside, I can't think of a single paid-access forum I belong to, so I can't offer any evidence as to how I would respond, but getting worked up about aspects of how a community is managed is somewhat different from objecting to delivery-of-service type issues. In other words, I don't think I (or "guys like me") would get more worked up if I/we were paying for membership.

Besides, so what? This is a fairly simple business question: does the pie get bigger or smaller with a pay wall? (Adding whatever income comes directly from the pay wall plus whatever time is saved from non-serious/time wasting posts and subtracting whatever shrinkage of audience might result plus time needed to manage said pay wall.) Not: might some participants on the board object?

Surely somebody on this board has some experience trying something or working with something similar, no?

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Should it be something else, in order to meet your needs?
    Less trolly nonsense.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Less trolly nonsense.

...but why do you care? Does E&P being what it is somehow prevent you from having a substantive discussion of training in the Training forum?

You are free to ignore the trolls, and not read their posts.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast