Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
"The premise that "eating more frequently than q 3-5 hours" is better is not evidence based unless it improves dietary compliance in a weight loss situation."

I understand the above premis, but is there a minimum number of meals? Ignoring overall energy levels and efficacy of training, are 2 meals that break the 4g barrier better than 1 meal? Is 2 better than 3? Any of these scenarios assume the same macros consumed.
Yes, because you stimulate it more frequently, though admittedly if 3 meals are better than 4 or vice versa- we don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by unruhschuh View Post
Hi Jordan,

at 13:36 you said, that taking 5g of creatine(monohydrate) will elevate your creatinine level by a factor 2-3. I recently had my blood tested and my creatinine level was 1.08, even though I take 5g of creatine a day. Is this at all possible? After how many hours does the level go back to normal?

Tom
It is possible, esp if you've been taking creatine for awhile, it's monohydrate, and you took it far away from the test or very close to the test.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
Hey Jordan,

I'm a 41 year old Type 1 diabetic. I've been T1D for 13 years now. I typically keep my A1Cs in the 5-5.5% range thru high protein high fat low carb type diet, primarily. I've been strength training (flawed SSLP, Texas method, 531) for the past 3 years. I've not followed the program with regard to protein intake and sleep, very well. I am now trying to do the program, albeit with 5-3-1.

1. Protein Intake for T1 Diabetics: Any concern here, as long as A1Cs are normal or near normal?

2. Creatine Usage for T1 Diabetics: I think I understood you to say Creatine should be OK for diabetics, except that the Dr. might get upset/concerned/prescribe meds in response to the kidney lab results. Is this an accurate characterization?
1) Not really, no.

2) Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
Let's see if I get this right... According to the Internet, a large egg has about 1/2 a gram of leucine (Egg, whole, raw, fresh Nutrition Facts & Calories). So any meal with less than 4 eggs, and no other significant source of protein, is useless? Is that the right conclusion?

Now if I eat only 2 eggs but I also drink 1/2 a liter of milk (containing about 1.3g of leucine) afterwards, then I'm all good. Right?
Yes.