starting strength gym
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Top 10 whiskeys for beginners

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgie Smuggler View Post
    A guy I work with paid £200 for a pour of rum once, poor bastard didn't remember until he found the receipt, doesn't have the slightest idea how it tasted.
    I trust he did the right thing and slit his own throat...

We still take the piss out of him now (it was a couple of years ago). In fairness he was celebrating buying his first house, but still...

I've seen much, like WAY much higher prices for some whiskeys in London bars. Try harder if you want to impress me boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Hardly a beginner whiskey. I'm not interested in jumping on that particularly expensive bandwagon.
    Let me rephrase. If you did want to spend the money, do you have access to a bottle of the 25 at or near retail price? I was discussing the nature of whiskey hunting with my SS coach, and he seemed to indicate that you have that sort of clout in the whiskey world. I was curious if it was true.

Yes, not a beginner whiskey. I didn't realize we were supposed to be staying on original topic. To tie it all back to topic, I was pleasantly surprised by how great Jack Daniels single barrel Rye was.

This place happens to keep their prices relatively low compared to most establishments. But over one hundred is probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfromphoenix View Post
    Let me rephrase. If you did want to spend the money, do you have access to a bottle of the 25 at or near retail price? I was discussing the nature of whiskey hunting with my SS coach, and he seemed to indicate that you have that sort of clout in the whiskey world. I was curious if it was true.
    Certainly not true, and I'd ber shocked if there was a bottle of PVW25 anywhere in the world at retail. Why would a sane man spend more for a dram of 25 than an overpriced bottle of anything else costs? Does anyone have both that much money and that kind of palate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    ...Why would a sane man ...
    Sanity has nothing to do with it.

Consider the daring consumption of Fugu fish liver.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5294593944.jpg

My friend is heading to Estonia for Walpurgis Night and is going to take advantage of the cheap alcohol prices there and pick me up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch. Very much looking forward to it.

Strange though that the mega-liquor store over there in Tallinn doesn't have Buffalo Trace in stock, and my old little next door liquor store does.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930