starting strength gym
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Barbell Prescription: Strength Training for Life After 40, Now in stock at Amazon

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We make more money when you buy it from us than through Amazon.
    I would have thought with Amazon you have millions more people looking at the book and with greater sales it would actually end up making you more in the long run...I'll go ahead and purchase it from your site though.

I received my copy. I have begun slowly digesting the foreword, introduction and first ten pages. I feel as if I already know more now about metabolic syndrome than 99% of the general populace, and my bookmark looks like it's tucked just inside of the front cover, still. This is a BIG, THICK book. I feel like the printers used more than 20 dollars in paper stock printing the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kins View Post
    I would have thought with Amazon you have millions more people looking at the book and with greater sales it would actually end up making you more in the long run...I'll go ahead and purchase it from your site though.
    We make more PER PURCHASE when you buy it from us.

I got notice the book is on its way! Thanks!

I showed my brother Sully's video and he asked me if I had bought his book. Now I have to order another.

I saw all the talk of price and who's making money? and how much? and...and...and?

Guys. Just buy the damn book from Rip. He has to pay the mortgage like all the rest of us. The book is cheaper than a co-pay. How much is your butt worth?

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I received my copy. I have begun slowly digesting the foreword, introduction and first ten pages. I feel as if I already know more now about metabolic syndrome than 99% of the general populace, and my bookmark looks like it's tucked just inside of the front cover, still. This is a BIG, THICK book. I feel like the printers used more than 20 dollars in paper stock printing the damn thing.
    Excellent.

We did NOT set out to write E-Z Lifting for Older Dummies.

I hope I get mine soon...

Just got mine yesterday. Looking forward to reading through this. My Step-Mom just had a back episode that was caused by a "slipped" disc. She was to the point where she couldn't walk and spent two days in the hospital. She is only in her early 60's.

I plan on sharing this info with them. She will probably have back surgery early next year. Hopefully after she recovers, she can start incorporated squats and deadlifts to help her going forward. Maybe it will give my Dad something to do with his wife now that they are both retired.

Mine arrived yesterday. I'm in metro Atlanta area.

I'm gobsmacked at the volume of information in this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
    The book is cheaper than a co-pay.
    Love that quote, cheaper than a co-pay!

Thanks guys for including some time to address the "skinny fat" condition within your examples in discussing metabolic syndrome. I have someone very dear to me that needs to read this section in particular! Thus far I have been unsuccessful in adequately explaining these notions on muscle atrophy and osteopenia, hypertension, and elevated risk of strokes....

I would be curious Dr. Sullivan on your thoughts on transient ischemic attacks with people in this "skinny fat" state...

Mine arrived yesterday. It is awesome, to say the least. I have several people in mind who need this book for Christmas.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Who is the badass on the front cover?
    It's probably Wellness Will, warming up for a heavy set whilst thinking about his next trip to Grand Teton National Park.

The research behind The Barbell Prescription is incredibly well done. In addition to the many years of personal experience of the authors have coaching others, pp. 303-341 lists the references cited, glossary, and bibliography for this work. Beyond the great information inside, this book is also a well-organized launch point to tens of thousands of pages of relevant research.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast