starting strength gym

Thread: Archives: The Power Clean

Default Archives: The Power Clean

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Can I ask some stupid questions? Perhaps you may have answered them before. You probably have, however you may like to give us a timely reminder.

This from your article on the "The Power Clean".

"I don’t like the traditional high-bar, or Olympic, squat specifically because the more vertical back angle produced by the higher bar position opens the hip angle and reduces the contribution of the posterior chain muscles to the movement."

Why don't they change it? Even though it is not contested and used as an assistance lift, why not take advantage of the low bar position? Or is it a question about mobility verses maximum load capability?

Thanks for the article, by the way when you were doing your half squats I was running around the squash court chasing that little black ball, I was good at it, but like your half squats squash did not do my knees much good.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    This from your article on the "The Power Clean".

"I don’t like the traditional high-bar, or Olympic, squat specifically because the more vertical back angle produced by the higher bar position opens the hip angle and reduces the contribution of the posterior chain muscles to the movement."

Why don't they change it? Even though it is not contested and used as an assistance lift, why not take advantage of the low bar position?
    I don't know. I think they just don't like the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Why don't they change it? Even though it is not contested and used as an assistance lift, why not take advantage of the low bar position? Or is it a question about mobility verses maximum load capability?
    Oh, no. Not again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Oh, no. Not again.
    its as if our friendy-Christian New Zealander has never read the boards before.

Sometimes it is just the message, still if you have the truth and they do not listen you move on.

Mat 10:14* And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.*

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Oh, no. Not again.
    "Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the Universe than we do now."

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for this Mark. I have been neglecting the power clean recently. I did them Friday after skipping them for over 3 months. It was amazing how light they felt and I ended up working up to tie my 5x3 PR weight with relative ease. Reading this over the weekend gave me a good reminder of why I should keep them in my program.