starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ask Rip/Podcast #39

Default Ask Rip/Podcast #39

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ask Rip #39 | Starting Strength Channel

You guys really should come to a seminar.

You really should have one closer to So. Illinois.

We were in Champaign a couple of years ago. I guess you'll have to travel, like we do.

I've been planning to attend the next seminar at WFAC. But as there is no WF seminar on the schedule, it would appear I currently have no means to fulfill my dreams and give you my money.

Interesting what you said about people over 60 training only 2 days per week. Does that apply to people with competitive aspirations as well, or just to people with more modest goals? I didn't have much luck with the 2-day program I tried from PPST, and I'm progressing slowly on a 4-day, heavy-light program from Andy. If there were a way I could get the same results in two days, I'd jump all over it, because what I'm doing is pushing my limits, but I'd like to see just how strong I can get before I fall completely apart, since it turns out I might be fairly good at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We were in Champaign a couple of years ago. I guess you'll have to travel, like we do.
    how does the SSO determine where to have seminars?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You know where you really want to come back to? San Francisco Bay Area. Oakland, Santa Cruz...I'm fine with either

Unfortunately I'll be on a trip to Florida when you're in Los Angeles, but I will be going to a seminar this year no matter what.

Quick thought on the podcast:

I think The Barbell Prescription is going to play an important part in furthering the momentum that SSBBT and PPST have built over the last 10 years. I gave TBP to my girlfriend's dad (chiropractor of 38 years) last week and he was blown away by the material. Granted, he's a rare individual who is constantly learning and open to new ideas, but it was pretty cool to hear the excitement in his voice when he called me up to discuss the first couple chapters.

He's already gotten to train with Leah Lutz (who is amazing, by the way), and he's experienced first-hand the power that effective strength training has on his health/back pain. However, TBP adds a whole new dynamic to the conversation that (I hope) will help play an integral part in shifting the national conversation about strength training.

Maybe we could do another SS board challenge in January of "Each 1, Reach 1"? Find someone new who hasn't trained and get them under a barbell. I'd be happy to start a thread for it (if it's not already in the works).

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledDino View Post
    I've been planning to attend the next seminar at WFAC. But as there is no WF seminar on the schedule, it would appear I currently have no means to fulfill my dreams and give you my money.
    Next WF seminar will be first weekend in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
    Interesting what you said about people over 60 training only 2 days per week. Does that apply to people with competitive aspirations as well, or just to people with more modest goals? I didn't have much luck with the 2-day program I tried from PPST, and I'm progressing slowly on a 4-day, heavy-light program from Andy. If there were a way I could get the same results in two days, I'd jump all over it, because what I'm doing is pushing my limits, but I'd like to see just how strong I can get before I fall completely apart, since it turns out I might be fairly good at this.
    I don't know your circumstances, but if Andy has you making progress, you obviously do what he tells you.

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    how does the SSO determine where to have seminars?
    We usually hold seminars at SS Gyms.

Will there be a seminar in May? And if so where will it be?

starting strength coach development program
    So the take away is that Rip's going to be nice and suffer fools gladly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast