starting strength gym

Thread: You guys outdid yourselves today...

Default You guys outdid yourselves today...

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    OK, so I was chatting with a college today about terminal patients. She's a 60 something NP working for the Palliative team (which I consult a lot). Some patient has chronic back pain and I was asking what the source was. She says she didn't know, he had some surgeries. So I said, "no, before all that" (cause I think it probably started from him just being sitting around doing nothing for too long.) So I was feeling a bit impish, and I halfway facetiously said, "he needs to do some deadlifts!" And she's like, ORLY? So she says she has back pain and should she be doing deadlifts? (She probably expected me to say no.) So I say, "hell yeah, you should be doing deadlifts." And she just looks at me like I'm a complete imbecile, with raised eyebrows and everything. She says she passes all that free weight stuff up at the gym and just does the treadmill. So I said, "stop that." And she's all like, "stop doing the treadmill? Are you saying the treadmill is no good?" And I said, 'yeah, it's no good. You should deadlift. I suppose it's better than doing nothing, but so are a lot of things, but it's not optimal." So then I say, "I can show you the book if you want me to." And she seems like she's halfway interested, so I'm like, "I'll only show it to you if you'll do it." So she says OK, and I pull up the SS website and by pure coincidence, you guys have this picture on the front page.

ah.jpg

I was floored. Totally not expecting that. Perfect pic to prove my point. The shotgun in the corner is hilarious. After seeing that, she just might do it.

Glad we could help, doc. I hope she means it.

Today she told me she's getting the books.

Good. Step in the right direction.

Default make sure your nurse practitioner watches this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Pluripotent View Post
    ....I was floored. Totally not expecting that. Perfect pic to prove my point. The shotgun in the corner is hilarious. After seeing that, she just might do it.
    be sure to have her watch Gus' video:

Strength Training - It?s Never Too Late

Default don't forget the greysteel channel

Quote Originally Posted by Pluripotent View Post
    "hell yeah, you should be doing deadlifts."

your nurse practicioner would certainly benefit from sully's greysteel channel as well

#1: Welcome to Greysteel! - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    be sure to have her watch Gus' video:

Strength Training - It?s Never Too Late
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    your nurse practicioner would certainly benefit from sully's greysteel channel as well

#1: Welcome to Greysteel! - YouTube
    I'll try to pass them along.