starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin Baraki MD SSC: Clinical Testosterone

Default Austin Baraki MD SSC: Clinical Testosterone

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Coach Baraki is really making me take notes while writing an article related to strength training. Saving this and Heavy Lifting and Heart Health for February cos I want to get through both of them with copious amounts of notes and time to spare.

Man, this was excellent.

Austin, just curious, did you study in detail the use of illegal anabolic steroids?

I know your stance on steroids as a SSC and a doctor is NOT recommended but do you think "better safe than sorry" attitude we see among doctors is a bit too restrictive in this case? Could it be that a more "aggressive" TRT would be more worthwhile for a someone in their 20's? I am not very familiar with this topic and I used to hold a belief that the moment u start using the gear there will be permanent systemic consequences. But now I see 40 year olds making kids who heavily abused steroids in their 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Man, this was excellent.
    Seconded.

Out of curiosity, Dr. Baraki, considering how bad BMI is as an estimator of "obesity," what BF% thresholds might better define obesity? >25%? >30%?

Superb. Many thanks for writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by whale View Post
    Austin, just curious, did you study in detail the use of illegal anabolic steroids?
    I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by whale View Post
    Could it be that a more "aggressive" TRT would be more worthwhile for a someone in their 20's?
    Worthwhile for what?

A few supplements, including D-aspartic acid, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), and possibly Fenugreek may improve testosterone levels, but these are relatively small and often temporary effects that are simply not worth the time or money.
    I tried DHEA for a week.

I bought it solely because it was a banned PED, and it was right there next to D3 at the grocery store's health food aisle.

Let me reiterate that: the DHEA, a WADA-banned substance, was at the grocery store.

I felt like Lance Armstrong in those moments when I bought the pills, in the moments I opened the bottle, and in the moments I took them.

I was an egotistical douchebag who was ABOVE THE LAW.

Except it did nothing. I wasted $8 that would have been better spent on more chuck roast.

D3, on the other hand, is a god send during the winter months when I don't see sunshine. I feel so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Baraki View Post
    Worthwhile for what?
    I guess I should say more effective for training while still remaining safe.

starting strength coach development program
    You are apparently not familiar with our position on the use of anabolic steroids. Familiarize yourself.

And this kind of shit is irritating: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ml#post1459880

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast