starting strength gym

Thread: Show Your Strenght

Default Show Your Strenght

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    While desperately (and unsuccessfully, might I add) looking for a loop hole in the rules that would allow me to pull sumo in strengthlifting meet, I came across a different sport alltogether.

"Welcome To Indian Strenghtlifting Fedration
    Strengthlifting is a brilliant event in Iron games, comprising three items of Strength-lifting."

"1. Incline Bench Press. 2). Two Hands Curling. 3). Hack Lift."

"All these items are practiced by the Sportsmen of other discipline of Iron games. Interestingly, it is fully injury free."

"World Strengthlifting Federation welcomes your participation in the above mentioned championships and establish sporting brotherhood, integrity for making healthy society throughout the world."

You can't make this stuff up. As far as I can tell, they've been around since at least 2000. Did you know about this?

Home

Interesting. Didn't know.

Brace yourself for epic litigation at the Hague.

Among their records is a 500 lbs hack lift which is a behind-the-legs deadlift. However weird it looks, I think you would have to be fairly strong to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xfitter View Post
    Among their records is a 500 lbs hack lift which is a behind-the-legs deadlift. However weird it looks, I think you would have to be fairly strong to do this.
    Fairly strong. I know a bodybuilder who does reps with 5 plates. Many reps. I was fairly impressed, but for him it was just part of his program. I never did ask him what they were good for, me being a fat, weak, old newbie and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
    I never did ask him what they were good for
    Not a gotdamn thang.

QuadzZz.

Dragging a bar up the back side of my ankles and legs sounds horribly unnatural. Is there something in their culture that leads them to this?

Quote Originally Posted by KennyRogers View Post
    Dragging a bar up the back side of my ankles and legs sounds horribly unnatural. Is there something in their culture that leads them to this?
    Uhhh, have you ever heard of the famous Indian George Hackenschmidt? George Hackenschmidt - Wikipedia

starting strength coach development program
    I was not aware, but now I know that the term hack in this context is not the same as the hack used in discussions when describing ones poor professional skills (e.g political hack, etc).