starting strength gym
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Current shoe recommendation?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Exactly. VS shoes have always been made by DoWin.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    The current shoe situation is far from ideal. Romaleo 2s or Reebok Lifter Plus are probably the best available for what we do, but are harder to find now that the Romaleo 3s and Reebok Legacy have come out. But if you look around enough, you can probably still find them before they're gone.

It's a damn shame there's no really ~1/2 inch heeled shoe available anymore. The Rogue Do-Win half inch shoes that I got in 2013 aren't nearly as well built as the Romaleo 2s but if I had to choose between the two for SS style training, I'd choose the Do-Wins.
    Can't find anything on reebok lifter plus. Searched Google, shows reebok crossfit lifter plus 2.0. Guess thats not what ya mean?

Quote Originally Posted by BarryF View Post
    Jordan,

Since you own both, I'd like to ask a more specific question regarding the Reebok Legacy and the Romaleo 3. I'm concerned that the Romaleo 3 is fully synthetic while the Reebok's are leather. Seems like leather would be a higher quality, longer lasting material for a top of the line shoe, or do you feel this is not an issue? I lean towards the looks of the Romaleos if all else were equal.
    Hard to say since I haven't had either for long, but I'm not concerned at this time. They feel completely different really so I wouldn't think people would be deciding between them based on materials anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    I have eyelets stretching right out of the holes in my Sabos after less than a week. Since it's clearly an inherent flaw, it's probably not worth the hassle of dealing with a return, so I'll probably just equip myself to install bigger eyelets until someone comes up with a better 1/2 inch shoe.
    Must be a quality control thing. Been using them for more than an year and zero issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFifty View Post
    Ah, shit. I feel I owe you the refund now for recommending them. Definitely get in contact with Max Barbell if you haven't already - I sent them an email about this a few weeks ago, so it should be fresh in their memory. For the record, they have excellent customer service.
    I have the SABO Weightlift model. While I've had literally no complaints with them or Max Barbell (who gave me a very generous credit toward them after a pair of Wei Rui shoes started coming apart at the heel) customer service, after 8 months, mine are starting to come apart. The sole is separating from the rest of the shoe. When I got them, they were >$100 shoes, although the price has gone down now. I'm going to try gluing the sole back together to get a few months out of them. Very frustrating though. Didn't wear them outside the gym at all aside from post-workout Chipotle runs - I was pretty gentle on them. Now I'm going through all the data I can on durability of different models for my next purchase, even if it costs a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Fortunately or unfortunately, depending how you look at it, I am a bit of a shoe snob. My lifting shoe collection from 2014 until now has looked like this:
    Do you wear the same size in all these brands? Can anyone comment on sizing of Nike/Adidas/Reebok compared to DoWins?

I just upgraded to Adipower 2.0s from Do-Wins. Size 10 Do-Wins were a slightly loose fit while size 10.5 Adipowers are a snug fit. The Adidas shoes feel quite a bit more stable to me as well but so far I only have one session in them. I have no experience with any other brand of lifting shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by cph View Post
    Do you wear the same size in all these brands? Can anyone comment on sizing of Nike/Adidas/Reebok compared to DoWins?
    I wore the following:

Nike Rom 2 and 3- 11.0
    Adidas Adipower- 11.0
    Adidas Power Perfect 2.0- 10.5
    Reebok- 11.0
    Rogue Do Wins- 11.0

I'm a noob. So I am looking at all these references to heel hight. What about size....? a size 9 shoe with a 3/4 inch sole is different from a side 14 shoe with a 3/4 inch heal. What is the assumed size when the heal hight is mentioned.?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    I'm a noob. So I am looking at all these references to heel hight. What about size....? a size 9 shoe with a 3/4 inch sole is different from a side 14 shoe with a 3/4 inch heal. What is the assumed size when the heal hight is mentioned.?
    We're not interested in absolute heel height, but effective heel height - the difference between the thickness under the ball of the foot and the heel. This should be consistent between sizes.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast