starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elbow pain,Medial epicondylitis, pin firing and bee bites - my experience and finding

Default Elbow pain,Medial epicondylitis, pin firing and bee bites - my experience and finding

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Since I was asked by coach Rip to share my observations on the subject of elbow, I'm more than glad to do it.

English is not my native language, I am sorry because is not on a decent level.

Since I have problem with Medial epicondylitis or golfer elbow (from my stupid flirtation with Crossfit) I was trying to fix it with pausing from training, some physiotherapy (galvanic current, laser, pain relieving cream), joint supplements (Chondroitin sulfate, Glucosamine sulfate etc.), all without significant success.

And some alternative methods.

During my research about Medial epicondylitis condition, I found that bee poison can be useful different conditions and forms of joint diseases and arthritis. Here it link from Google seach.

My father is a beekeeper and since childhood I used to bee sting is not big deal, I say to myself: I will try that, it probably healthier than painkillers!

After three bee bite around my inner side of elbow whole area (forearm and upper arm) get red, swollen and really, really warm. Even my 2.5 year old daughter, who used to sleep on my arm, notice that and say: Dad, your arm is so warm! After 4-
    Result was that after that 3 bee bites almost 80% of pain is gone. I was not in position to keep applying bee bites, because our farm with bee houses are 100 kilometers from my place, but I repeet this one more time.

So, when I read Coach Rippetoe writing about pin firing it was clearly to me that same process is involved.

Pin firing is a very old technique for healing "bowed tendons" in horses. Many horses that are used hard and have longer pasterns are predisposed to flexor tendon problems, especially on the front. A valuable horse that develops this problem can either be saved or put down, since lameness renders a horse valueless for use. Centuries ago -- perhaps longer than that -- it was discovered that a series of burns made along either side of the flexor tendon just behind the cannon bone from knee to fetlock with a red-hot iron would produce a large inflammatory response in the whole distal leg -- a giant weepy mess of soreness. After a month or two, the systemic response in the burned tissue enveloped the entire structure, and the inflammatory process proceeded through the granulation stage and healed the entire structure, bowed tendon and all. In essence, this larger insult forced the local process through to completion.
    I do not think that this is too much useful but, for me is confirmation of whole concept.

Also, I read that Texas method is invented similar, almost by chance.

Since my elbow now are almost OK, I do not have pain, I will try to do 20x5 pull ups 3x/week and then incorporate chins, which are more painful for me.

Regards,

Thanks, Ranko. An interesting extrapolation of the method. People should pay attention to this.

I've used stinging settles to a similar effect for random joint pains, particularly in the wrists and hands. Good stuff. Haven't tried bee stings, as I might be allergic.

Interesting. I have used the above pin firing method to get through elbow problems with some success. The improvement was significant over the first few weeks though seemed to have plateaued. I wonder if my doctor would put much stock in bee poison injections? He seems to be hip.

He probably does not have access to Medical Grade Bee Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Medical Grade Bee Poison
    This actually exists. What the fuck. I keep learning new things on this board and I usually don't even have to open my mouth.

Really?? There is a current therapeutic use for bee poison?

So basically the pain in your elbow did not cause enough trauma to stimulate an inflammatory response which prevented it from healing. After you forced an inflammatory response in the area, your body was like "Oh I'll just heal everything in this general vicinity". Is that what is basically happening? Your body didn't think that the cause of the elbow pain provided enough stress to fix it right? And that's why strength training with an injury is beneficial for the injury?

Exactimundo.

starting strength coach development program
    Could I take this same approach by using fire ants instead of bees?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast