starting strength gym
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: This stupid bullshit will continue until Women decide to make it stop.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic Lane View Post
    – but is the worst male NBA player better than the best female NBA player?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mr55 View Post
    Regardless of your position, you have to admit that the line is harder to draw than a lot of people wish. Considering the natural variance in test levels among XX women, and the many points at which development of sexual traits can diverge from one's karyotype. Also the fact that high test women and non-XX individuals are going to overrepresented at the higher levels of athletics.
    This is a pretty good write up on the issues and grey areas around female testosterone levels and sports
    https://sportsscientists.com/2016/05...joanna-harper/

The current laws seem to be that:
    1: testosterone levels don't matter so let people like caster semanya compete
    2: testosterone levels are all that matter so let trans people compete if their test levels are in range

Obviously they contradict each other hugely so at some point this will probably be challenged and the Olympic committee may have to pick a side

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    My final question is, hormonal and developmental advantages aside, are there other, nonsexual, anatomical differences in the physiology of men and women that would create discrepancies in abilities?

Yes. Everyone who lifts heavier than me is more gifted anatomically and physiologically than I am.

Re: the general subject matter here, I wonder what will happen when/if someone tries this in tennis where, no offense intended, there's real money in the women's division. There are hundreds if not thousands of HS and college guys who could mop the floor with Serena if they were willing to take some hormone therapy, and that's just counting among the Americans. Given Russia's history of mixing sport and pharmacology, just how surprised would you be if they were developing a transgender division to dominate the next Olympics? (I'm kidding! Mostly.)

Quote Originally Posted by zinedine kilbane View Post
    The current laws seem to be that:
    1: testosterone levels don't matter so let people like caster semanya compete
    2: testosterone levels are all that matter so let trans people compete if their test levels are in range
    3: Testosterone levels are all that matter, so we test both sexes for steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    Yes.
    Reminds me of when Venus and Serena Williams got cocky in the 90s and said they could beat any man ranked below 200. Kirsten Braasch mopped the floor with both of them in one afternoon.

This video is fun, too: CrossFit Girl Arm Wrestles Scrawny Man! (@Courtneyscoffs vs @NotGayJared) - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Bullshit. Here is a line that is quite easy to draw: Hubbard used to have a dick and balls. He had them while in utero, during adolescence, and as a result he still has the neuromuscular effects of having had them. If you want the concept of men's and women's divisions in sports to continue, heads will have to be removed from asses.
    I am about as left leaning as they come but politics aside I do agree it's simply an unfair playing field.

It is call the "third gender" Mark, neither ac or dc, something in between, you need a third classification for all sports, and it may get more complicated as there are something like 31 gender definitions in New York alone.

NYC Protects 31 Gender Identities | The Daily Caller

Your Barak Obama opened the doors with his gender equality and his gender neutral bathrooms, so what are you going to do if an "in between" comes to your gym and wants to train? If you refuse you run the risk of offending the anti discrimination act.

I am very partial to the original design however.

- Let's agree that competitors are competing to win the competition "C".
    - Experiences show that blue competitors win almost surely purple competitors that win almost surely pink competitors.
    - Unless pink competitors are really dumb, they will stop competing, recognizing the fact that they are unconditionally weaker than purples and blues.
    - Same for purples.
    - No other option for pinks and purples but to stop competing in "C".

On the other hand, it makes perfect sense for the transgenders to compete in women divisions.
    If Rip was to compete again, I would bet everything I have on him, granted he competes in the Olympic 48kg women's division.

What is apparently completely stupid (self defeating: see points above wretzel) is the fact that they allowed transgenders to compete at all.
    Result was completely predictable and stupidly verified.
    It will produce noise/buzz.
    It will negate the competing out of the competition.
    Maybe, the truly disturbed people are the judges, the organizers, too blind to recognize the profound idiocy of such a competition.
    Or maybe the competition was not the point.

Who gains what doing this competition?
    Where does this competition comes from?
    Who wrote/modified the rules?
    Why?
    What?
    When?

Isn't it more worrying that people with a psychological disorder are applauded for having been neutered?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Theban93 View Post
    Would be stellar, but I don't see it happening.
    I read this as you think it would be great if the women didn't care that the women's division had just been basically eliminated.
    That is interesting because less than 100 years ago women were not allowed to compete in many sporting events. Think about Bobbi Gibbs and sneaking into the Boston Marathon in 1966. in 1972 the Boston Marathon was opened to women. A women's division was created. Yes, there are many women who can outrun most men. I am married to one of them. There are also some women who can outlift most men. But there are No women who can outrun all men. And there area no women who can outlift all men. It is that simple. So the bottom line now is that women can enter into competition....but they really can't compete. Because they are not competitive. Because their division has been eliminated by the inclusion of people who have an unfair advantage, either natural or chemically enhanced.
    Logically this is easy to see. But logic isn't all that is at play here. There is emotion...and there is vested political interest. More and more I see and hear people making stupid, vacuous arguments to support nonsense that is "on their side of the political fence". Instead of using common sense people grab the "party line" and march in the defense of the ludicrous.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast