starting strength gym
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: My Latest on PJ Media: Time to End Men's and Women's Divisions in Sports

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think he was being intentionally hyperbolic.
    Your column hits that mark effectively, his post doesn't. If he was trying for sarcasm, he missed the mark widely.

I think you are giving him more of a charitable reading than that post warranted, especially given the circumstances.

When a SJW comes poking into areas like this, the calm responses, or legitimately funny and unmistakably sarcastic posts work far more effectively. Response like his (whether intentionally exaggerated or not) simply give the guy something to cut and paste into screedy Medium posts talking about how we just proved libertarians (that guy will be lumping the whole board and community into that label) are "anti-trans" rather than pro logical competition.

Wasn't a good look for him, just my opinion. Unless a board/page/community group is entirely willing to be that offensive non-stop (Vox Day springs to mind as one of the few who manages to not care relentlessly) it doesn't work very well.

Modern liberals do not seem to have a clear view of the purpose of a tax and they want force altruism on everybody, especially the financially wealthy.
    Charity is indeed a virtue.
    But "charity" involves voluntary giving.
    It has been said that liberals want to assuage their own consciences on the subject of charity by giving away other people's money.

Seems true. Their arguments often phrased such as "WE need to... (spend money for such and such good-sounding cause.)"
    But the "We" is always really "somebody much richer than ME".

Well, since JTX has lost zer voice, I'll ask you:

My Latest on PJ Media: Time to End Men's and Women's Divisions in Sports

Do you believe that a congenital male who has spent 30 years as a male and 2 as a trans-female should be allowed to compete in the women's division of an athletic competition?

Yep, Thebes.

Excellent. A yes/no answer to a simple question that was beyond JTX's ability to process logically. And I am not interested in JTX's perception of my respect level. I was interested in this individual's ability to reason. You may process my responses in any way you choose.

The way I interpret it is that JTX didn't want to answer the question after posting a bunch of emotional bullshit in lieu of the logical analysis I requested, and the reasons are irrelevant. And after several of your recent posts, I see no standing for any judgement of my presentation as "shitty."

And the cool thing is that neither you nor I care.

60 minutes just had a segment where they stated that woman had an advantage over men in horse racing. The kind where they jump over stuff.

60 minutes has not, yet, run a story about the need for separate gender divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcharles123 View Post
    60 minutes just had a segment where they stated that woman had an advantage over men in horse racing. The kind where they jump over stuff.
    This just in, Brian Shaw would not make a good jockey. More to come on News at 11.

starting strength coach development program
    I didn't read the entire topic, but why don't they just form a "trans division" or "league", where everyone who feels like they belong to the other or different gender could compete? What is the problem with introducing another gender? We already have two. One more shouldn't constitute a major problem.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast